Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS530 Problem

Options
  • 22-04-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi there,

First of all thanks in advance for any tips.

A technician replaced 4 months ago the battery of my alarm after we had a continuous "low battery" message in the panel and a beep every minute or so.

Two days ago We are getting the same "Low battery" message again, but this time without the beeping.

There is any way to check if the battery is faulty and/or the "low battery" message could be generated by other cause than the battery?

Waiting for your answers...

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I presume you have a CS350. You should get a minimum of five years from a battery unless its in a very hot place like a hot press when you can expect to replace it much sooner.
    A CS350 shouldn't beep when the battery is low although it will beep when the mains power has been removed.
    I would guess that the alarm had lost mains power and was running on the battery and when that got low it flashed up on the keypad. The batteries don't like being fully discharged so if he left the old battery in four months ago it could show up as low now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mcguffin

Should I change the battery so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yes. You can get one from any electrical wholesalers between 15-20 Euro. Get a 2.8A battery, these fit the easiest.

Advertisement