Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar buffer tank - installation and what if?

• 22-04-2009 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm getting a buffer tank for DHW and Space heating either 800 or 1000L can't rem off the top of my head. The installation should be ok as external/internal doors are not in place yet, what happens if down the road the worst happens and the tank needs replacing??
    The tank is installed where removal once all built involves an internal door to get access to an external door wide enough to take it. The tank is ~1m in
    diameter.
    What have others done?
    I don't know if I can convert the internal opening to double door size - don't really want to anyway. Are there extra-wide internal doors avail?

thanks
    Coley.

I wasn't sure whether this should be in RE or above in C&P forum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭rayh

coley wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm getting a buffer tank for DHW and Space heating either 800 or 1000L can't rem off the top of my head. The installation should be ok as external/internal doors are not in place yet, what happens if down the road the worst happens and the tank needs replacing??
    The tank is installed where removal once all built involves an internal door to get access to an external door wide enough to take it. The tank is ~1m in
    diameter.
    What have others done?
    I don't know if I can convert the internal opening to double door size - don't really want to anyway. Are there extra-wide internal doors avail?

thanks
    Coley.

I wasn't sure whether this should be in RE or above in C&P forum.

Coley - what materials is tank constructed?

I have 4,300 litre constructed from 3mm Grade 304 and I expect the building to fail first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

Its one from this crowd akvaterm, the 750l one.

-Coley.

Its one from this crowd akvaterm, the 750l one.

-Coley.

dont anything about them, just note that they fabricate from FE+painted or galvanised or Stainless - you should contact them and see what they have to say about life expectancy or guarantees.

Incidently, why or how did you select 750 litre?

I didn't really select it, was spec'd for build by installer and plumber.
    -Coley.

I didn't really select it, was spec'd for build by installer and plumber.
    -Coley.

Coley - please excuse me if I am getting this wrong - do I understand that that you are having a Solar and Space heating system installed which has been spec'd by your installer/plumber and you do not know how these figures were arrived.
    Once again I apologies if I am getting this incorrect, but I am very interested in how non technical people interpet technical issues.

• Advertisement

No, the house plans were given to the guy supplying the system, he spec'ed it. Installer/plumber installs. Other guy commissions and signs off once done. I got a second opinion and they came in around the 800L mark for buffer tank too.

-Coley.

No, the house plans were given to the guy supplying the system, he spec'ed it. Installer/plumber installs. Other guy commissions and signs off once done. I got a second opinion and they came in around the 800L mark for buffer tank too.

-Coley.

Coley - thats fine and maybe I should add that I dont believe that all technical based answers might be correct either, however as a supporter and user of Solar. I do believe that Solar will play a much greater part in our future space heating requirement and I would encourage oversizing of buffer storage for improve performace.

Advertisement