Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photoshop???

• 22-04-2009 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hey,

Anyone out there know if its legal to download photoshop, or do you need a license for it?

I know I need to experiment with photoshop but hear it can be quite expensive.

Any tips??

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

It's legal to download from the Adobe online shop once you've paid for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Downloading is not illegal. Using unlicenced/cracked version however would not be legal.

You can get CS4 on a 30 day trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

You get a month's trial for free, then you got to pay.

Should be enough for a reasonable experiment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

about $700 and can be bought online from Adobe.com

A trial of it is available do download from adobe.com

If you are not looking to spend money on it then take a look at 'the gimp' www.gimp.org

It's free and very powerful. If you like the photoshop interface then try gimpshop http://www.gimpshop.com/ which will make your 'gimp' into a photoshop look alike obviously with the gimp under the hood.

However if you are doing a photoshop course or the like you are going to have to invest. AFAIK there are student versions if you eduicational body qualifies.

Keep it legal.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Snoochiboochies

I'm aware you can download once you pay, but i mean the so called free downloads, are they acceptable?

I might check out the free trial, thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Snoochiboochies

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    about $700 and can be bought online from Adobe.com

A trial of it is available do download from adobe.com

If you are not looking to spend money on it then take a look at 'the gimp' www.gimp.org

It's free and very powerful. If you like the photoshop interface then try gimpshop http://www.gimpshop.com/ which will make your 'gimp' into a photoshop look alike obviously with the gimp under the hood.

However if you are doing a photoshop course or the like you are going to have to invest. AFAIK there are student versions if you eduicational body qualifies.

Keep it legal.

Cheers.

Thanks, thats great advice, i know I want to keep everything legal, I think what i'll do is take a trial and if i like it then perhaps invest. At the moment its just for general interest. Ideally I am on a student budget but Im not studying it at the moment.

Advertisement