Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii

• 22-04-2009 3:12pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know who offers the best deals on the Nintendo Wii? Either online or instore.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Sully wrote: »
    Anybody know who offers the best deals on the Nintendo Wii? Either online or instore.

Thanks.
    Depends how much stuff you want to get. Amazon UK are doing the wii with a free game (including wii play and extra controller)... so if you only want the wii with 2 controllers and wii sports / wii play they're probably the best.

However, if you want to get - Wii, wii sports, controller x2, wii play, nunchuck x2, mariokart with wheel - it will cost approx 300 euro (a few quid under) shipped to Ireland from Amazon.

Alternatively Smyths are doing an offer for the same price (299) for the same kind of package including a free game up to 64.99 value (which could, for example, give you mariokart listed above) - and you also get 10 euro in Smyths vouchers, which you could then use against another game (I'm assuming).

Amazon offer
    Smyths offer

I think the same deal from Smyths UK works out a little cheaper if you can be bothered.

Gamestop have offers on too but they're not quite so good from what I can see - perhaps the only way to get a wii cheaper is to go for one of their second hand deals...

...and finally, HMV are doing the wii with extra controller (so also including wii sports and wii play) for €210 at the mo.

HTH!
    D.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You sir, are a legend!

Ill take a proper gawk over those and decide how to proceed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

€229 HMV in store and includes a game

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

As davenewt mentioned above, Smyths have an offer on the Wii {Nintendo Wii includes Wii Sports + Wii Play + Extra Wii controller and get ANY Wii Game FREE} but their are more offers available in-store..

I'd advise to check in-store or over the phone.

Hope this helped.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What exactly is the nunchuck? Seems to be some sort of controller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sully wrote: »
    What exactly is the nunchuck? Seems to be some sort of controller?

wii-controller.jpg

Nunchuck on the left, normal controller on the right. Basically the nunchuck has a twiddle stick and a trigger button and you hook it up to the other controller. The normal controller has an infrared beam inside it to connect to the console. They're both needed to play a lot of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Adverts.ie has the best value to be honest.

Mountains of them on there and many of them still inside warranty. My girlfriend picked up one last week with wii fit & balance board, 2 x nunchuks & 2 x wiimotes and another game for €280.

Looking for them new though Kev, not second hand. :)

(Its a gift)

Smyhs and a few others are advertising wii sports in only some packages and in others like its something thats optional. I thought it came with the console by default? I seem the controller is the same? Its advertised like its not!

Advertisement