Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday Night Premiership

Options
  • 22-04-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭

I've layed an Everton victory. Feel they will be very tired and struggle against an impressive Chelsea team. Not much value in this of course, but I feel its close to a sure thing.

I've backed Under 2.5 goals at 5/4 in the United vs Portsmouth game.
    Can't see United conceding with Rio back. Don't see them destroying Portsmouth however. They havn't been playing well of late and didn't create many clear cut chances at Porto or against Everton (granted the team will be quite different tonight).

What does everyone else fancy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

3 Home wins 2nite, little under 2/1

United, Chelsea, Barca... Braver man would go for all home teams -1 at about 6/1!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Will make one or two small bets for tonight. But haven't decided on it yet. Probably wait to hear what others think and wait for the lineups to be announced. Just looking around at the moment at some prices etc. Can't see Chelsea or United losing to be honest though.

And under 2.5 seems like a good bet for the United game. Only been 1 goal scored in the last two games they played against each other (both games were in August 08 though & one was community shield).

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

utd clean sheet is 8/13, chelsea clean sheet is 5/6. both good prices me thinks.

double is 2/1, worth a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

A lot of "experts" in the papers etc. going against Barca.

I couldnt back against them at home.

As above.

Barca, Manchester & Chesea @ c. 6/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

wanted to back everton but the only bookies nearby was william hill with as usual awful odds

• Advertisement

Yea I left Barca out as a lot of people saying be a tough game. I just set up at bet365 account so bet €50 on United/Chelsea double . Then I'll get a free €50 bet which gives it much better value. Haven't decided what I'll do with that yet.

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

MR NINE wrote: »
    utd clean sheet is 8/13, chelsea clean sheet is 5/6. both good prices me thinks.

looks a good bet alright

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Slight variation:

Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Porto

2/1 for the treble.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Barcelona 2/3-0

Clean sheet in 4/6 home games. In 4/6 games they've had a 2 goal winning margin. They've a 2 goal winning margin in %65 of their home games this season and they've only been scored against %50 of the time.

Sevilla have only kept a clean sheet in 1 out of their last 5 away games.

2-0 8/1
    3-0 10/1

Xavi 1st goalscorer at 12's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pompey are 11/1 draw no bet, 2/1 for +2 handicap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

no way will this happen, I fancy chelsea to get the clean sheet but not united they look shaky at the back and with crouch to break ball i fancy pompy to at least get a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I backed this one. But Rio isn't playing so its not looking like such a good bet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Very successful evening for me.

In hindsight laying Everton was probably quite dodgy in terms of risk/reward. From what I heard Everton could have easily won it. Still it cam through so no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Good shout on the clean sheets . *Tips hat to MR NINE*:D

Yea I ended up having united clean sheet so won a small bit.

And people doubted Barca? They are winning 4 -0 vs Seville 56min gone.

Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭scull2009

chelsea are useless!!!
    how could they not win! had united, chelsea, deportivo treble.
    had another treble which included juventus, they also ruined it.
    well done the rest of use.
    im done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Sadly had Barca at 3-0 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

d6 wrote: »
    no way will this happen

Advertisement