Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

autowalk variable speed

Options
  • 22-04-2009 3:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

this is in a husqvarna push lawnmower that i was looking at. what exactly does it do has it just one gear or a couple of gears

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

it does not have a conventional gearchange/3-speed but rather the foot speed of the mower is controlled by means of a trigger handle like the opposite of a brake lever on a bike...the more you pull the lever the faster it goes;), so you can speed up or slow down according to terrain or obstacles in the path.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

which would be better. this or the 3 speed gearbox. also is 4.5 hp kohler enough or should i go for 6.5hp briggs. €150 of a difference. its 21inc also with mulch side discharge bag etc

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

my preference would be for the briggs over the kohler(unless there is a honda option)...maybe because i have more expierence with briggs...,in terms of transmission the autowalk in theory should be smoother and easier to use but i am not familar with the repair side of things to say definitively...in simple terms its like comparing an automatic gearbox with a manual.

Advertisement