Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chic Sanitation.....

Options
  • 22-04-2009 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know where to put this so Mods feel free to move:

Boots are now stocking these:

They are a range of sanitary products supplied with their own tin so as to make carrying them around easier and more discrete.

The whole thing is very pretty, they are reasonably priced and I think it's a brilliant idea, ergo it's worthy of a post!!!

No more embarrassing tampon/pads falling out of your bag experiences.....;)

http://www.moxieproducts.co.uk/uk/media.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

So it's basically a fancy box for putting things that you put in to your regular box? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

WindSock wrote: »
    So it's basically a fancy box for putting things that you put in to your regular box? ;)

Ya but no but ya but no:pac:

It's an Australian range of Tampons, Sanitary towels and panty liners that come in the usual sized packs just like Always or Kotex, but they also provide you with a pretty little reusable tin to carry your emergency stash about in.

They're priced at less than the 'known brands', and you get the tin included in your moneys worth.

Just thought twas a very clever idea, hate carrying the big luminous green yokes around with me on full show, and a tin is a good(and compact) way to carry them......it being a pretty tin helps immensely of course....;)

Apparently our tampons suck....the same way other countries tea does.
    So it might be well worth our while to go Aussie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Moonbaby wrote: »

Something I've been saying for years.:)

Check my location.

Actually a pretty good brand of product, asthetics aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Apparently our tampons suck....the same way other countries tea does.

I certainly hope they do suck. Otherwise ye'd be leaking all over the place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Could they not have thought of a name that didn't rhyme with poxy though... especially for fanny products:D

MJOR wrote: »
    Could they not have thought of a name that didn't rhyme with poxy though... especially for fanny products:D

Well Always Ultra or Kotex Bodyform ain't exactly inspiring names either tbh:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Ugh gross one of the Google ads up at the top of the page is for "washable menstrual pads"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

meh I just throw everthing in a plain pencil case I got in Tescos. Anybody who goes rummaging thru my stuff looking for a pen will get an embarassing surprise! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

MJOR wrote: »

Moxie means courage, bravery, cunning... I think it's a pretty good name, actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I like the pretty tins:)Will purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

mental07 wrote: »
    Ugh gross one of the Google ads up at the top of the page is for "washable menstrual pads"
    But what's wrong with them? They're much more comfy, smell less, what's not to like?

I think the tins are pretty cute, kinda retro looking :) Once had a pad open and the sticky label bit came off, stuck to my sleeve when I rooted in my bag in school, was traumatised at age 13 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

My local Boots don't have them.

sunnyside wrote: »
    My local Boots don't have them.

Really? It was in the Galway store that I got mine, but then that's quite a large Boots so maybe that's why? Maybe they are just launching them over here, I definately haven't seen them in Boots before; could be that your store hasn't got them in yet?

They're really hard to miss, they are all packed in pretty pink striped cardboard boxes with little black bows on; which kind of stands out amidst the tacky luminous green/pink/purple plastic etc of the other brands!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

Those tins would look quite nice in your bathroom too - they kind of remind of the retro Benefit look!

Advertisement