Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey Help with triple XP system

Options
  • 22-04-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Hey guys ,

I have decided to get back into WOW after my exams are finished for the summer which gives me three months of WOW / Gym / part time work so have been talking to a mate of mine at work and he was telling me about the new idea of recommending a friend and getting triple XP.

Now my question is : Is this only applicable for new accounts or can i use my old account but just register a new character ?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

There was a thread about this a few weeks ago. it goes into some nice detail and i think this bit was explained... I cant seem to find the thread though. but i think you cna use your old account, you just have to go to the accounts page on www.wow-europe.com and recruit yoru friend their via accoutn name or email of account holder.... i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Hey ive done this jsut very recently i know the ins and outs of it. MOD should create a sticky about it?

You can use your old account(once u remembr all ur details)
    In account management goto recruit a firend and enter his email add.
    When you send the email it'll send him the 10day free trial with a special recruit a friend cd to bind the account to yours.

The person that recruits gets so much outta this btw so best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

So what if its someone recruiting me ? I have no Sub at the moment , he has a sub ! I have an account with all the add ons but want to start off fresh to get triple points :) , Is it possible in this case ?

Is it possible that i can recruit him even if he has a sub ?

Sarge wrote: »
    So what if its someone recruiting me ? I have no Sub at the moment , he has a sub ! I have an account with all the add ons but want to start off fresh to get triple points :) , Is it possible in this case ?

Is it possible that i can recruit him even if he has a sub ?

you have to buy the game fresh... as in a new account. he recruits you since he alread has a sub.. then you get an email with the 10day trial cd-key then you have to upgrade to the actualy game with a new cd-key as its a new account. then upgrade to bc then upgrade to wotlk... well worth it since if u havnt played in so long your gonna have to buy woltk and u can buy these 'battle chest' things for €20 now.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055514896

btw you can use the add ons on any account you just installing them into your interface folder for the WoW game nto for an indivual character.

I already have the WOWBC and WOWROTLK connected with my current account , can i use these again if i create a new account ?? Thanks for the help guys.

• Advertisement

no because its a NEW account you are creating with NEW cd-keys registered to an account.

cd-keys are account bound and not disc bound as one would assume frm ancient games.

no because its a NEW account you are creating with NEW cd-keys registered to an account.

cd-keys are account bound and not disc bound as one would assume frm ancient games.

so to get the triple points i would have to actually buy all new games then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Yep

Triple xp only goes to level 60 anyway so surely if you have TBC and...ROTLK (wrath??) on your account your characters are already higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Triple XP was a godsend for me. I had just moved to outland server fresh and was not in the mood to level up things from scratch.

Luckily I got an old friend to jump back into wow. He just bought all the new games, new account and we have been getting characters to sixty in mostly a week of about 2-3 hours a few nights.

You can summon your friend to each other, cooldown of 1 hr, but very handy.

The triple xp obviously makes things fly by an insane amount.

You get a zebra mount when they pay for their first two months, but granted they usually get a 1month free with the games, youll be wiating 3 months for this one.

All these bonuses stop at 60. But the most important one of all. When you friend gets 2 levels he can grant a character of yours 1 level for free, once it is below your friends current level.

Example. I leveled a mage to 30 before my friend joined WoW. so we rolled new characters. I made a warlock him a hunter, when he dinged 59, he gave me all his free levels, put my mage to about 58-59. For free.

I then rolled a druid, he rolled a warrior. We levelled them to 30.

We then rolled a paladin and rogue. Currently at level 30 odd, when he hits 59 on his rogue, he will grant my druid free levels to 59.

Its a great system to burst through the 0-60.

• Advertisement
Advertisement