Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking courses

• 22-04-2009 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of any, reasonably priced, cooking courses? I tried looking for some of the cert ones but couldn't find any. There are a few schools around alright, but 3K for a few months seems a bit pricey.

Would consider anything that's a few months to a year long. Something that you could use outside the home. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

DIT in Cathal Brugha street have some great courses, and they are VERY reasonable too. http://www.dit.ie/study/parttime/faculty/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mcdonut

Check the guide to night courses that's available.I've done two cooking courses in Marino college,only €150 for each ten week course.I think they're available from sep. and jan.I think I'll even try another one next term.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

Whats up with the cert ones? what do you want it for? home use or going professional?

The 16week cert cullinary skills programme is good, you even get an allowance. then you can move on to either full time or day release, in either CIT,DIT,Gmit etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Oh nice, thanks for the information people.

I am pretty ok at cooking at home, never use a cookbook, when I do something differant I have the general idea but I ask my mother for more details (She is a chef for about 30 years now).

I want the cert for both home cooking and professional. At some stage in the future I would like to open a small resturaunt or chipper (not a traditional one, but I will keep that idea to myself for now, sorry) I would like to have something to back up my business degree... nothing worse than a manager of a resturaunt that knows nothing about food.

I would love to be able to cook something completely differant, I am big into savoury dishes. Most of what I cook tends to be standard really. Stir fry or cajun chicken wrap being the most wild dish I create.

Thanks for any further information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

chipper (not a traditional one, but I will keep that idea to myself for now, sorry)

chip off the long dock, ennis;)

Its an open view restaurant with a chippie on the back that serves smaller portions of the restaurant menu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

chip off the long dock, ennis;)

Its an open view restaurant with a chippie on the back that serves smaller portions of the restaurant menu.

No no, I have a completely differant idea that has not been tried in ireland yet. That is why I am keeping it to myself :)

I have looked into suppliers and the likes. It would be great for anyone with capital, which I don't have. :(

Advertisement