Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent - Need Dog carriage in Cork!

Options
  • 22-04-2009 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, living in Cork and my brother is bringing a dog to London from Waterford on Tuesday with Aer Arann and she is going on to Australia from there.

She has a carriage that has been approved by the airline which will take her from London to Oz but we've just realised that the dimensions are slightly bigger than what is allowed on the Aer Arann leg of the journey.

The dimensions allowed by Aer Arann are 50"x22"x21" (LxWxH).

We're finding it really hard to locate a container with the right dimensions, not to mention the fact that the only ones we came accross were starting at €200 (but were out of stock anyway). With the cost of the flight for the dog being over €2000 we can't really afford anything extra at the moment. :(

She only needs to be in the smaller container for the Waterford - London leg of the journey. My brother will then be returning to Cork so he can bring the bigger container with him as luggage and take the smaller one back with him.

Does anyone know where in the Cork area I could possibly get a container with these dimensions before Tuesday morning????

Or does anyone HAVE one that we could borrow for the day???? (long shot!)

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

why not post on the Irishanimals chat board or the petsireland chat board and see if someone in the area has one that they could loan you.

What about contacting local rescues and seeing if you could borrow one from them - maybe they want a small deposit so that they can guaratee that it will be returned to them safely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sallythecamel

Hi thanks for suggestions, have tried the animals home already.

Will try the other forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

There's a pet shop in Carlow (I know it's out of the way though), can't remember the name of it but it's on the kilkenny road towards Carlow (not Hennesys garden center it's further down than that). I remember seeing transport carriers there but that was a good while ago but might be worth giving them a ring to see if they have what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Have you called aer arann?
    I fly Waterford to Luton fairly often, as do family members, and found them very helpful and flexible on many things. If it's not much bigger give them a call. I know they put sis in law's pup in main cabin as he was very young and her kids were worried about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sallythecamel

Hi, I've sent them an email but they've said that they have to be fairly strict on the dimensions as their plane is smaller than others so they wouldn't have much room in the cargo hold. They probably have to cover themselves by saying that but I wouldn't take the chance of being refused on the day and therefore missing the connecting flight :rolleyes:

My brother said he might try to make a carriage for her.

Thanks for suggestion Guineapigrescue. Carlow is a bit far alright but may give them a ring anyway to see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement