Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC Plane flier new to Helis- need advice

Options
  • 22-04-2009 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi All,

Been flying fixed wing for a good few years. Started on Hi boy. Now playing with AcroWot, Extra 300 & a little multiplex delta wing elec. model. I'm mad keen to get into electric choppers. What would you recommend as a first collective pitch. Among some I'm looking at are the J Perkins Twisters? Any advice out there. My current radio is a Futaba FF6 (6X super). I know it's not the best for heli but at the moment it's what I'm stuck with. I'm starting to play around with PhoenixRC. I'm not planning on spending any money until I can hover with the simulator :)
    Any advice on what to buy?

Pat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Wot is your budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

Willing to spend 300 (I'm factoring in I can use my Futaba Tx & Rx)

Will then the twister 3D or the Blade 400 3D would be a good choice for that price range. Have a look at the lower end trex 450's or even some of the clone trex 450's available on the market also. Your tansmitter should work fine, just remember that is the models you get has carbon frames, then try get PCM Rx as PPM may not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

syl77 - Are you still selling optifuel - check PM thanks.

Dont mean to spoil this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

syl77 wrote: »
    Will then the twister 3D or the Blade 400 3D would be a good choice for that price range. Have a look at the lower end trex 450's or even some of the clone trex 450's available on the market also. Your tansmitter should work fine, just remember that is the models you get has carbon frames, then try get PCM Rx as PPM may not work.

thanks for the advice. The T-Rex's look nice :)

• Advertisement

packas wrote: »
    thanks for the advice. The T-Rex's look nice :)

Yes, the new SE V3 is out also, comes with torque tube for a better holding tail.
    The Rave 3D is also nice, it can take a 325 blade with 3S pack or a 350 blade with a 4S pack. has more of a presence in the air and handles the wind a little bit better than other 450 helis iv flown.

Advertisement