Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showreel help

Options
  • 22-04-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I am not sure if this really applies to this place....or where I post this,mods feel free to move it..but I am in need of some help in regards to getting a showreel done for a job application....Can anyone tell me where to get help or is there anyone out there willing to help me become a tv presenter?:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aisbing

chinapples wrote: »
    I am not sure if this really applies to this place....or where I post this,mods feel free to move it..but I am in need of some help in regards to getting a showreel done for a job application....Can anyone tell me where to get help or is there anyone out there willing to help me become a tv presenter?:pac:
    There is an acting for stage and acting for tv class starting on April 28th in North Dublin Studios...Lispopple Studios are running it. Might be worth taking a look! Classes are from 8-10pm and 15euro a class. Contact me on aislingmarlow@gmail.com if you are interested.
    Covers everything from :
    Technical awareness
    Workng with cameras and lighting
    The "Not Acting" method
    Television Presenting
    Voice training
    Diction training
    Characterization (Stanislawski Method)
    Script analysis
    Mime
    Physical Theatre,
    Improvisation
    Technical direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Jimi Dignam is a showreel editor.His address is 25 Upper Buckingham Street,Dublin and his telephone number is:01 8550666/086 6710510.He charges €115 for a full showreel edit and 5 dvd's with printed covers,and extra dvds cost €4 each.

This is the information I was given considering an acting showreel,but I'm sure he would do a tv presenting one too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 chinapples

aisbing wrote: »
    There is an acting for stage and acting for tv class starting on April 28th in North Dublin Studios...Lispopple Studios are running it. Might be worth taking a look! Classes are from 8-10pm and 15euro a class. Contact me on aislingmarlow@gmail.com if you are interested.
    Covers everything from :
    Technical awareness
    Workng with cameras and lighting
    The "Not Acting" method
    Television Presenting
    Voice training
    Diction training
    Characterization (Stanislawski Method)
    Script analysis
    Mime
    Physical Theatre,
    Improvisation
    Technical direction

info is much appreciated but I am in galway and would not be able to make it. It sounds like a really good course though. Would you think about coming to galway and renting a space for the weekend sometime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 chinapples

TriceMarie wrote: »
    Jimi Dignam is a showreel editor.His address is 25 Upper Buckingham Street,Dublin and his telephone number is:01 8550666/086 6710510.He charges €115 for a full showreel edit and 5 dvd's with printed covers,and extra dvds cost €4 each.

This is the information I was given considering an acting showreel,but I'm sure he would do a tv presenting one too :D

Great info tricemarie, will give a hold of it,sent one off anyway lets hope ill get something. Much appreciated

Advertisement