Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Little Bit of Advice Please

Options
  • 22-04-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get a bit of advice & here seems to be full of some experts.

So here's the story. I am currently renting a apartment with a friend looks like she's going to be moving out fairly soon. Lease isn't up until Jan 2010, both names are on the lease. I am hoping to stay & hopefully sub-let out the other room. I've never done a sub let before. I'd be the more active tenant at the moment doing most of the contact with our landlord; utlities companies etc so I don't envisage any difficulties there.

Was just wondering what are the implications of me sub letting obviously I'll need my landlord's permission to do so which I fully intend to get, but with the like's of the sub letter wanting to claim their tax credits for renting how would that work?

So any advice that can be offered would be grately appreciated. :)

Oh I also wondered if it would be ok to post that i'd have a room available on this thread? I want to cover all options!

thanks again!

Advertisement