Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in the Mansion House, Dublin

• 22-04-2009 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

Going here with a group on Saturday night for my bf's mother's 60th. Have heard mixed reviews of it though. Anyone here been?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I've been twice, prob over a year ago at this stage. Both times have been pretty good. Hope you like steak!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Went there for my birthday, we loved it, they went the extra mile with service and the food was amazing. We took the rest of my family there the following week (including my mum who is in a wheelchair) and the service and food was again brilliant, so it was not a once off. Taking my husband there for his birthday. If you like prawns they have a signature dish that is something else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's fine TBH, not the best restaurant but quite good if you're in a group and having a laugh.

If I had my way, I'd take the group across the road to Balzac - much better food for much the same money, but it is a quieter dining experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Have been twice with a group ( so wasn't paying)
    Fab both times, no complaints whatsoever, steak excellent cooked to perfection, staff very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Cheers for replies, looking forward to it now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Cheers for replies, looking forward to it now :)

Don't forget to write a review afterwards :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Been there twice with the OH, just before Christmas and about 2 weeks ago, really enjoyed the food both times.

Only complaints would be that it's more suited to groups rather than couples. The first time we went it was during the Christmas party season and the place was jammed with work parties, we only booked it the day before so we couldn't really complain, but the food more than mad up for it. Second time was a bit more relaxed and much more enjoyable from that front.

Thought the staff weren't as attentive as they could've been but the food and decor really make up for it.

I'd definitely go again but would like to go in a group as it's more set up for groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Well we didn't go to Fire in the end! My bf's sister-in-law changed the booking during the week and we went to Marco Pierre White's restaurant instead. Was a bit disappointed as was quite looking forward to Fire but enjoyed MPW's offerings all the same!

Advertisement