Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung UEXXB7020 owners - love to hear your feedback

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Well I finally managed to get all the widgets working. The fix was quite easy in the end.

It's related to the country you chose in the setup wizard when you first turned on the tv. I chose Ireland (surprise) so it disabled all of the Yahoo widgets.

You have to perform a factory reset on the tv so !WARNING! you will lose all of you settings, picture, network etc.

To do this, turn the tv on then hold the exit button for 10 seconds.

You will be asked to confirm the reset.

It should switch off now.

Turn it back on and go through the setup wizard again. This time set all country fields to UK.

Now when it's finished, set up the network again before trying the internet. Otherwise it installs the 11 built in yahoo widgets as it can't connect to get the new ones.

Once the network is set up, press the Internet@ button and begin the yahoo setup wizard. You'll have to choose UK in the location again.

That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Smeghain

Just wondering if any of ya`s have come across this, when using an external hard drive, the tv grabs certain frames to use as an icon for your movie or whatever, recently ive noticed that after a while it actually stops doing this and your left with a bog standard icon, even if ya play the movie through its still the original graphical icon without a screen grab, anyone else noticed this ?

wayne040576 : just tried your widget fix and it works perfectly, ive now got 13 widgets so ta very much for the fix :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Smeghain wrote: »
    Just wondering if any of ya`s have come across this, when using an external hard drive, the tv grabs certain frames to use as an icon for your movie or whatever, recently ive noticed that after a while it actually stops doing this and your left with a bog standard icon, even if ya play the movie through its still the original graphical icon without a screen grab, anyone else noticed this ?

Nope, working fine for me.

If anyones looking for the Sky+ HD remote code for the 7020 46" its 0840 :)

Firmware T-CHU7DEUC-2008.2 released 20th august 2009, has anyone updated to this ? if so does it actually do anything usefull or add content ect ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

Smeghain wrote: »
    Firmware T-CHU7DEUC-2008.2 released 20th august 2009, has anyone updated to this ? if so does it actually do anything usefull or add content ect ?

Yes, I updated a long time back.
    I can't remember what it did but I certainly saw no bad effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Anyone know what AR this TV supports? Any chance of 2.35?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

Noticed new firmware available on Samsung download site. version 2009.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 conman01

Hi folks, I'm considering getting a new telly early in the new year so am looking into getting one now. I have a ps3 and a wii, and will prob get sky+hd. So considering all that, can anyone recommend firstly a tv and secondly a sound system. I've about €1500 to spend in total. Was looking at the latest samsung which seem pretty good. Oh yeah, considering about a 40" telly, might go for bigger if it falls in the right price range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

Now see newer firware on Samsung site. Upgrade File (ver.T-CHU7DEUC-3000.G)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

conman01 wrote: »
    Hi folks, I'm considering getting a new telly early in the new year so am looking into getting one now. I have a ps3 and a wii, and will prob get sky+hd. So considering all that, can anyone recommend firstly a tv and secondly a sound system. I've about €1500 to spend in total. Was looking at the latest samsung which seem pretty good. Oh yeah, considering about a 40" telly, might go for bigger if it falls in the right price range.

With your budget, you can probably get the 46" 7 series, including the €200 cashback Samsung are giving at the moment.

http://www.buy4now.ie/DID/Product/UE46B7020WWXXSAMSUNG%20TV%20LCDPLASMA%2043/17602/447

Just a heads up for anyone still reading this forum the new firmware [URL="javascript:sendIt3('/ie/consumer/detail/support.do','tv-audio-video','television','led-tv','UE46B7020WW','UE46B7020WW','2242188')"](ver.T-CHU7DEUC-3001.1)[/URL] is apparently giving problems with USB playback AND internet.tv so be cautious. i havent upgraded for this reason

Advertisement