Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Fee's

Options
  • 22-04-2009 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey does anyone know how much it costs to repeat a year in college, repeating just the one subject. I am in third year and failing my project worth 20 ECT credits. I know I cannot go on to fourth year having failed this, and I am just wondering if anyone knows if I will have to pay full repeat fees?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Anywhere from 2300 - 2500 for tuition, and an extra 1500 for registration I'm afraid:(
    Tuition could be higher, but that is the range for a level 8 honours degree Course.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NerfNerder

Ouch thats steep. But thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

NerfNerder wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know how much it costs to repeat a year in college, repeating just the one subject. I am in third year and failing my project worth 20 ECT credits. I know I cannot go on to fourth year having failed this, and I am just wondering if anyone knows if I will have to pay full repeat fees?

talk to the lecturer.
    If thats the only thing you are failing they may let you repeat just the project. If you can progress to 4th year carrying the project then you won't have to pay full fees you may just have to pay for that subject. There may even be time at this stage for you to do the project over the summer and have it assessed in September as part of the supplementals.

BC wrote: »
    talk to the lecturer.
    If thats the only thing you are failing they may let you repeat just the project. If you can progress to 4th year carrying the project then you won't have to pay full fees you may just have to pay for that subject. There may even be time at this stage for you to do the project over the summer and have it assessed in September as part of the supplementals.

I have been trying to sort something out them. I spoke to the lecturer over it, and he is pushing me to go with what I have, which is a sure fail. It's a bit of a mess!
    Thanks for the response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

NerfNerder, get it together!

Just push on with the project. If you fail, you fail. Unless you've handed it in, you can still improve your projected mark.

Spending your time worrying about repeating years, deffering etc won't solve it. Just plug on and see what happens.

I don't think you'll be paying that much by the way. I think it'll be 2 grand at most. Ask registry.

• Advertisement

sunnyjim wrote: »
    NerfNerder, get it together!

Just push on with the project. If you fail, you fail. Unless you've handed it in, you can still improve your projected mark.

Spending your time worrying about repeating years, deffering etc won't solve it. Just plug on and see what happens.

I don't think you'll be paying that much by the way. I think it'll be 2 grand at most. Ask registry.

Thanks for the response and the encouragement. I'm still working on it for another few days, but just making sure I have some idea of my options.

Advertisement