Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane Confirmed as new Ipswich Manager

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I know and believe that Keano still needs some more experience but its kind of a unique position he finds himself in considering he has already won the championship on his first attempt ! I am not so sure its the right move anymore as he has already proved himself in the championship by talking a side from last place to eventual champions. Maybe another mid table or lower prem side was a better option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Keane is a scumbag who loves & thinks of no one but himself

Only a matter of time before he starts slating Ipswich in public like he has done with EVERY team he's been with

Man U
    Ireland
    Sunderland
    Celtic
    etc

He's a clown

Hope Ipswich go down next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The Al Lad wrote: »
    Keane is a scumbag who loves & thinks of no one but himself

Only a matter of time before he starts slating Ipswich in public like he has done with EVERY team he's been with

Man U
    Ireland
    Sunderland
    Celtic
    etc
    Love the way you stuck in etc after that list even though there are no more to be added. It was as if in your head you were about to write down a really really long list of former Keane employers that he's slated but realised that when you got to four the list had ended so you stuck in an etc to make it appear longer. Excellent usage of the word etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pighead wrote: »
    no more to be added.

Cobh Ramblers
    Nottingham Forest

which makes the list a substantial 50% longer

although, as far as I remember, Keane has never slated either club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eagle eye wrote: »
    When did Spurs go top or even 6th for that matter?

They havent, I never said they did. I was using it as an example of how it teams with good squads can find themselves in relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Des wrote: »
    Cobh Ramblers
    Nottingham Forest

although, as far as I remember, Keane has never slated either club
    Exactly. Which is why they aren't on the list! Etc my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pighead wrote: »
    Exactly. Which is why they aren't on the list! Etc my arse.

Did he slate Celtic?

Did he slate Ireland? Not to my knowledge, he slated the management, but not the players.

In fact, he was of the opinion that the Ireland players could do quite well in a World Cup, and should not just go to make up the numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'm just delighted he didn't get the Forest job when it was available in January. He's demonstrated that both as a person and a manger, he's about as stable as a Russian nuclear reactor. He'll probably take Ipswich up alright, but then dump them in a couple of years, sighting ''personal reasons'' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

grenache wrote: »
    I'm just delighted he didn't get the Forest job when it was available in January. He's demonstrated that both as a person and a manger, he's about as stable as a Russian nuclear reactor. He'll probably take Ipswich up alright, but then dump them in a couple of years, sighting ''personal reasons'' :rolleyes:

i'd say ipswich would be more than happy with that result.

what do you want him to do? stay there for life?

just about every manager in the history of the game who doesn't get sacked leaves for "personal reasons" be it personal gain or otherwise

it's nothing but personal reasons _always_

what other reason is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

JPA wrote: »
    Setanta just showed the latest score for Ipswich during the Liverpool match.. :rolleyes:
    TV stations will show what the people want to see and there's more people in this country interested in Roy Keane than any football team bar maybe Man Utd and Liverpool.

I know I texted a couple of friends the Ipswich score. Just as the Swedish would if Henrik Larsson took charge of an English club. Trust me.

He's unique. He's the biggest name in this country. Live with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement