Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on new place

Options
  • 22-04-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

hi guys me and my boyfriend are moving into a rent place, soon and we were wondering about the esb, do we have to pay money up front, or can we do it direct debit, please help, we are new to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

hi guys me and my boyfriend are moving into a rent place, soon and we were wondering about the esb, do we have to pay money up front, or can we do it direct debit, please help, we are new to this?

When a mate and I moved into a place and the ESB was put into our name we got a bill straightaway for 300 euro, but that was only if we didn't want to pay by DD. I think they put 12 euro or something like that onto the bill as a charge for a new account which comes out with the rest when the bill is paid by DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Yeah, if you pay by direct debit you don't have to pay the 300 euro deposit.

Btw, board gais and airtricity both offer cheaper electricity than esb. You just have to call one of them up to switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When you move in, I think you're meant to ring the ESB to let them know you've moved in, to avoid paying an old ESB bill from a previous tenant?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hey

when you set up your new account with esb or bord gais make sure they've received a final meter reading for old tenants take your own readings to make sure.

they'll say as you're not a "homeowner" that they require a deposit and/or DD. I think bord gais are more strict on this than esb as bord gais asked me for both!!! I told them they could have DD only as I didn't have 200 to give as a deposit.

Advertisement