Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your two cents, please

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭alegrabaroque

Darragh29 you go first, then Lizzykins and I`ll follow shortly just finishing my sign "down with this sort of thing"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

And I'd be the first to stand up and protest. I know well we have to be positive and work to get out of this, but we are being dragged deeper and deeper into the sh*ts every day with this government. Look at the news tonight. Social Welfare spending will rise by 3.6 Billion Euro this year.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0423/breaking58.htm

Only 2 weeks ago, this government tried to save 1.5 billion in spending and take in another 1.5 billion in tax. Not two weeks have gone by and the increase in social welfare spending this year has already negated any benefit that those tax increases and spending cuts two weeks ago might have had.

So we are right back where we were on the morning of the 7th April budget. I'm not being dramatic or alarmist, just look at the figures!!!

What can we do legally?
    How would we organise a protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

get out our crayons, make a few signs, start marching from Swords and see who joins in. :)

the comment about the Irish not having outrage is true. We have a history of burying our heads in the sand, letting the world go by. The people won't do anything, which is why our governments have so much power. No matter who we vote in, it'll stay the same. Like many other educated people in this country, once we see recovery in other places, i.e the US, Oz,even the UK, we'll seriously consider leaving. It's sad but its true

Ah they always join in when other people start, they just don`t want to be the one to start.

The Government are making things worse and worse thou someone has to do something. There is no human element to politics thou. Ever little thing you say will be shredded (much like here).

Much like here they need to be in a nameless faceless crowd to be confident.

Someones got to stand up...I`m naive enough to walk blindly into a house of daggers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement