Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clare champion website?

• 22-04-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the clare champion have a website?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

FANTASTIC website Bobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

lol it was called for !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The state of their webpage. It's like something from 1997.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In fairness, as with a lot of places in Clare, they don't have to do anything to keep making money, does he still have the pictures of putting in a car kit into an Alpha up on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I've been wondering the same thing myself for months - and now, for some strange reason, was able to get into it! What's going on?

It's kind of a shame that Clare doesn't have a very good internet presence. This forum is starting to get a bit of traction but It's still pretty low traffic.

I'd love if there was an equivalent of Peoples Republic of Cork or something that had a general forum and gig and events listings and maybe 50 posts per day. I'd think about setting one up but I'm not sure if there would be enough demand.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Anyone remember ClareHurlers.com. That seemed to be quiet a busy website but was shutdown over some idiotic posting by a few posters.

An Fear Rua tried to take up the slack I think and then it went down again, I think most places are worried about being sued for all their worth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

It's kind of a shame that Clare doesn't have a very good internet presence. This forum is starting to get a bit of traction but It's still pretty low traffic.

What about the Clare People website ? There's a bit of banter on that, and at least the news is reasonably up to date.

• Advertisement

We are currently moving to a faster server......

We will be back online as soon as possible. You can still view this weeks Digital Edition by clicking the link below
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Anyone remember ClareHurlers.com. That seemed to be quiet a busy website but was shutdown over some idiotic posting by a few posters.
    it wasn't for that reason, they never renewed the licence or something like (not a techie) and some bollix robbed the domain name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

I'd love if there was an equivalent of Peoples Republic of Cork or something that had a general forum and gig and events listings and maybe 50 posts per day. I'd think about setting one up but I'm not sure if there would be enough demand.

There would be a demand. You'd have to put the work in and put up with the naysayers and the eejits but there is a real need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Champion website still not opening properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

I just dont think we have the population for something like the peoples republic of cork site,
    Ennis is our major urban centre and is just too small, not enough actually going on/
    Its a pity the clare people forum is gone but like everything else lately in this country it was probably cut to save costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

As someone else here said this is the spot where Clare people discuss stuff. Mostly sport.

http://www.anfearrua.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Lets not forget, Ennis was once Irelands information age town. We were miles ahead of everyone 97-02 and then the likes of Cork and Leitrim caught up. Good years, good years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Just checked the website now:

http://www.clarechampion.ie/

It looks like they are going to make a come back at last after all.

Lets not forget, Ennis was once Irelands information age town. We were miles ahead of everyone 97-02 and then the likes of Cork and Leitrim caught up. Good years, good years.

I don't miss the flying cars and kids on hover boards though. Good riddance to them.

Advertisement