Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Itunes.

• 22-04-2009 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

I've been using itunes for ages and haven't had a problems until now.

I recently downloaded itunes onto a new laptop, everything was going grand until today when I went to open it. I clicked the shortcut and instead of openning a message popped up saying in order for itunes to open I needed to restart the computer, which I did. When the computer restarted instead of itunes working grand another message came up saying the itunes file could not be read because it was created using a newer version of itunes.

This doesn't make much sense to me because if I was going to re-download itunes (which I haven't) I'd hardly download an older version than what I originally started with.

Please tell me it's fixable, I've spent hours moving music from one computer to another and importing CD's and downloading. I don't think my sanity could stand having to go through that again!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Download latest iTunes from Here Once done, install iTunes as normal and see do any errors pop up during installation..if not chances are a repair/reinstall of the files should do the job without harming your music collection at all. To be sure, back up itunesmusiclibrary.xml from My Music/iTunes folder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Ah excellent! That sorted it, thanks so much!:D

Advertisement