Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where you blew it....

Options
  • 22-04-2009 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

...and dumb mistakes, for as long as consoles existed.
    Here, post your mishaps playing games.

Here's mine:
    • Eating the nirnroot plants in Oblivion and subsequently dying
    • Mis-timing jumps in the Tomb Raider PS1 games
    • Using the Scroll of Icarian Flight in Morrowind (it makes you leap about 10000 feet in the air before you crashland and die)
    • Resident Evil 2 - limping around on Danger and then getting killed by a crow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Doing a j.MK instead of a b.MK FTW when I had Cunny-Funt down to no life the other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Dripping my ps3

Holding on to a ledge in MGS4, I know if I drop, I die, and I fücking press X. Instead of triangle

Damn you CoD4!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

My FIFA / Pro Evo Career
    My Quake Career
    Missing one note in one of those Guitar Hero Shopping Centre tours with a real (nice!) guitar as a prize

:(

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 34,986 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Playing Fallout 3 for two months and then trying to play GTA IV.

Sniper mission.

Top of building.

*Presses reload*

*Nico jumps off the roof of the building and splats on the ground...for the third time in a row* :mad:

-> back to start of mission....again.

Literally blowing it - messing about with the PSU in my cab and accidentally forgetting to switch it back to the right power input.

Caboom!

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Doing a j.MK instead of a b.MK FTW when I had Cunny-Funt down to no life the other week.
    Huh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Playing warhawk for two months then GTA.

In warhawk, you can press triangle to change the plane into hover or flight mode.

Well, in GTA, Triangle Is used to enter or exit vehicles

Cue me getting in helicopter, press triangle, lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

My latest one was eating a rotten egg in Res 5 and dying as a result, ment to throw it.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 83,294 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Releasing a Gold Chocobo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lulz

playing rainbow 6 vegas 4 player on the pc.
    We gone through every level without dying until the very last map. i pressed the wrong button and threw a grenade at a door, and instead of saying 'grenade!!!' i said 'ah fcuk.'

everyone died and i was murdered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

My latest one was eating a rotten egg in Res 5 and dying as a result, ment to throw it.:o

I've done that 3 bloody times now... I just gave up on the achievement in the end:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

bought worms off PSN and I've lost count of the amount of times I've hit square to fire and ended up jumping off a ledge... :mad: why the hell isn't X jump? X is always jump :confused:

The worst time I blew it, wasn't really a problem with the game but a mistake I made. I was playing "Scrapyard Dog" on the Atari Lynx. I had gotten all the way to the end boss for the first time and started to get real nervous as I only had a few lives left to beat him. So I decided to pause the game and take a break and come back to it later to finish it. But instead of pausing it I accidentally hit reset. I was so gutted, I just stared in horror at the startup screen and what I had done. This game had no save points and was a good 5 or 6 hours long so you had to play it in one sitting. It was at least another month before I built up the will to play it again. (it also had one of those horrible endings where they make you fight every previous boss again, one after the other)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Oops wrong thread....title very misleading:p

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Both Oblivion related...

Selling those book things you need in Oblivion and i cant find them to get them back...thus i physically cant beat the main quest!

Getting turned into a poxy vampire in Oblivion! complete and utter EFFORT of getitn all that sh*te for the cure...and not bothered buyin the vampire room dlc thing...

both combined making me bored of the game and ive to this day never beat it or even played it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's happened in almost every FPS I played- I get through a particularly tricky section, think to myself "Blimey, I don't want to do that again", and then press quickload instead of quicksave. Sarky hulk out. Graaagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. This video should explain all:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

playing fúcking World of Warcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. This video should explain all:

Heh happened to me so many times.

And what L31mr0d said about the recent worms game.

The original ISS on the PS1, Going 4-0 up with 20 mins to go and relaxing and handing my mate score 2 penos, he got another 2 it went to extra time and he won and i'm still hearing about it 10 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Getting downed in gears of war with grenades in my hands,Then detonating them when my team mate is coming to get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

In FIFA 09 in the 90th minute winning 2-1 in the Championship as Nottingham Forest. I lose possession in midfield after one of my own players clatters into me. Not one of my players will help me out as I try to get back possession. They just stand there like f**king dongs while the opposition player runs past them to score an easy goal, rendering the game 2-2. I whacked my joypad off the radiator in my room in frustration as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

Football manger playing in the worldcup. 5 of my players got sent off in the game come on I like this does not happening in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So many ....

Oblivion - Not realising for the first 20 hours that there was a fast travel option...i used to run....everywhere !! thought it was so boring :P

Metal Gear 3 : wading through that river fighting the boss fella, dying again and again......not realising i was meant to take the pill

Metal Gear 1 : Rented it the first week...got to a part where you need the Codec number on the back of the case...but sure extra vision give you their own cases...i was totally lost till i bought it a week later

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

SeantheMan wrote: »
    So many ....

Metal Gear 3 : wading through that river fighting the boss fella, dying again and again......not realising i was meant to take the pill

Oh jesus, same here. I was furious!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Sarky wrote: »
    It's happened in almost every FPS I played- I get through a particularly tricky section, think to myself "Blimey, I don't want to do that again", and then press quickload instead of quicksave. Sarky hulk out. Graaagh.

Or the other way round. Getting anilihated in a really tricky part and deciding to reload as you know you'll never get to the end of the level with 2% health and then hitting quicksave instead of quickload. Get yourself out of that mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You feel so bloody awesome when you do manage it though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was stuck there as well. Was there any clue even given on what to do? It was straight to gamefaqs for me for that bit.
    Metal Gear 1 : Rented it the first week...got to a part where you need the Codec number on the back of the case...but sure extra vision give you their own cases...i was totally lost till i bought it a week later

I had the fecking box and couldn't find it. I thought it was on it cryptically as the barcode or some other random number. I eventually went through every possible combination until I got it. Never realised until much later it was in the screenshot. Felt like such a tit when I realised it was staring me in the face the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

callaway92 wrote: »
    playing fúcking World of Warcraft.
    I was gonna say when i started playing MMO's...i blew life itself that time:(

Legend of Mir put me on a dark path lol.

Some of mine:

Sonic 2 on the Master System - going in the wrong tube on the last level and killing yourself or getting lost...

SF2 - managing to lose to Bison 15 times in a row on level 10 difficulty, the first time after not losing a single round throughout...doh!

CS - being the noob who bought the AWP "coz it was cool" and camped for a while, little did i realise when i got experienced how sad that was at the time:(

CS again - about to change to handgun for headshot right up behind em, switch to knife, they hear it and they end me...

Tomb Raider - all these games i've missed countless jumps on, that sucks!

BF2142 - calling for a medic after being ambushed...yeah i've done it

BF2142 again - Piloting a chopper with a full compliment right into the base we took off from lol 3 times in a row

Retrogamer will understand this one alot:

FFVII - final battle, i didnt use omnislash for ages against Safer Sephiroth...i thought i had to keep it for something else haha!

Plenty more i can be sure, i just cannot remember them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Wasting 5 years of my life playing RuneScape... Ah what i'd do for those 5 years back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

In GTA4, it sometimes opened the wrong save point for me. (usually when I saved in on of my gaffs). I was in one of the very last levels when this happened and brought me the whole way back to the bank job. For some reason I decided to do a crappy car mission for Brucie when it saved it self and deleted my main game.

Has not been played since.

4 months on the last boss in Zelda: Ocarina of time without realising that you had to change to your master sword when you get it in the end... Gave it to my non-gaming friend. He clears the game in an hour.. Sickener

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Overheal wrote: »
    Releasing a Gold Chocobo

Oh noes...

Advertisement