Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Chateiler Calculations?

Options
  • 22-04-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

anyone willing to give a step by step guide into how they should be done?

Our teacher is a clueless farce of a woman and doesn't know how to do them herself !

Examples would be: 2007 Q10(a)(ii), 2005 Q9(c)(ii), 2004 9(e)

A very drawn out step by guide would be good with explanations as to why something is done.

I realise its 4 -5 lines of a calculation but it just goes completely over my head and examinations.ie's soultions just make it worse!

So any one willing to dumb it down, thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Well like, can you be more specific about where you're finding it difficult?

It's like waay too much thinking for me to actually solve one of those now ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 thescruff

used do a bit of chem once, maybe of some help if u post problem to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

all of it difficult in general!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

lol...but do you have any questions about it like?

eg. why do you do such a thing, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

1. Write down intitial concentrations of reactants/products
    2. Show any changes, one side will be postive and obviously the other side will be negative
    3. Write down concentrations at equilibrium as a result of changes
    4. Calculate Kc

Voila:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

-head explodes-

i remember these, you're gonna have to ask your teacher to give you a step by step system to doing them, or ask her to help you understand the sheet that she probably gave out to you :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭marblesolutions

Le Chateiler calculations are actually very easy to do . I am a Chemistry teacher myself and strongly advise you to speak to your teacher again it would not be very easy to explain them to you on the internet:o. They are a question I advise all of my students to do in the exam as its easy to pick up full marks.
    If you have no joy with your teacher post a reply to me and I will do some thing out for you. But I am sure she can do them and its much easier to explain things face to face.

Advertisement