Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrigaline Court Hotel

Options
  • 22-04-2009 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Lads,

I am thinking of staying here next weekend(sat & sun nite)whats it like?Is it far from the city centre and any ideas how much a taxi would cost during the day/nite into town

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

its a fair bit away from city - will cost approx 15euro for a taxi to city ...but its damn comfortable ..... you might be better looking for a place near patrick street, i know theres one or two hotels just off the main street (Patrick Street) cant think of the names at the moment - or theres a couple nearby - cant remember the names of the streets (bad sign since I lived in Cork for about 25yrs)

if you wanted to compare it (in terms of Dublin) its like staying in Bewleys (newlands cross) ...bit out from the city (too far to walk)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

It's about 20mins drive from carrigaline to the city! A hackney cab would cost you nearabouts 18/20euro day and night. Taxis would be generally more expensive than this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

Thanks for the quick reply folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

If u want to be go into the city a bit and don't have transport its def not the place to stay. Much to far away. The imperial, the clarion are much closer. The victoria hotel is right on patrick street. never stayed or been in there though so i dunno how good it is. The bistro restaurant do really nice dinner though. used to go there on sundays and get a roast and it was really good and a decent price too

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Carrigaline is miles out of Cork City....there are loads of good hotels in Cork. I stayed at Carrigaline Court recently, not impressed at all, 4* it is not and I paid around the same as I would when staying in Jury's which is also 4* and so much better. Clarion is also very good and right in town. Unless you have to be in Carrigaline for some reason then stay in city. I've been checking out prices myself today and the Metropole seem to have good deals at the moment - have not stayed there myself but it's very handy to everywhere. Enjoy Cork, it's a great place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Carrigaline Court is as ingalway said is perfect if you have dealings around the ringaskiddy or carrigaline area. The new Jurys is lovely on Western Road, as is the Clarion. They may be a bit more expensive but you'd save it with the price a taxi would cost to Carrigaline, or even Douglas at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

It's not suitable if you want to be in the city but if you are staying in Carrigaline - Rosie's and the Corner House are not bad for a few drinks if that's what you fancy. There's also a really nice Indian restaurant called Spice after opening in the village which I can recommend. There's bus stop right outside the hotel that'll bring you into the city (hotel will have the bus timetable) so there should be plenty to keep you occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

akamossy wrote: »
    It's about 20mins drive from carrigaline to the city! A hackney cab would cost you nearabouts 18/20euro day and night. Taxis would be generally more expensive than this!

Ah to be fair cabs never charge more than fifteen from the village into town, taxis do though a lot more i'd usually pay 21 to get out to my house (3 miles outside carrigaline) i ended up shelling out €36 on a taxi three weeks ago for the same trip!

Advertisement