Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Race.

• 22-04-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have a race this day week(29th) and i'm wondering what runs/rest days I should schedule for the week. This is only my third race and I feel as if I didn't prepare properly for the other races. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You're a bit light on the details! Event, distance, program, weekly mileage, fitness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 -Fox92-

You're a bit light on the details! Event, distance, program, weekly mileage, fitness...
    3,000m
    Been doing in around 30km p/w for the past 2 months
    I'm pretty much asking how many rest days I should take before the race? How many longer/shorter runs I should do? I'm pretty new to running in general so excuse my lack of knowledge in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 RunToFart

30km. Not sure how you break this down into number of days running and what distance per day. It all depends on your fitness level.

I would suggest you take Monday off completely and do a small very easy jog on Tuesday if your race is on Wednesday.

As regards the other days it depends on what you have done till now. Are you doing sessions? You can still do a session saturday and an easy run on sunday if you are doing sessions.

The most important thing is to be fully fresh for the race and running hard on monday or tuesday is not the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 -Fox92-

Thanks for the advice. Ithink the plan will be:
    Thursday: 3km
    Friday:5km
    Saturday:Basketball
    Sunday:Long Run
    Monday:Rest
    Tuesday:Light Run

Advertisement