Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Restaurants in galway???

• 22-04-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know of any restaurants in galway city that serve the nicest food? And at a great price?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I think Home Plate is great. It's across from The Charcoal Grill, (the one that's open early).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Top Tip: http://tinyurl.com/cbglcr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

KFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi Lilly, welcome. What gary82 linked to is a great way to find information on boards, better than boards own search engine in my opinion ;)

If you could be more specific, what is "nice"? Indian, pizza, ...?
    Best for cheapest money imo: KRCMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Magnus wrote: »
    Hi Lilly, welcome. What gary82 linked to is a great way to find information on boards, better than boards own search engine in my opinion ;)

If you could be more specific, what is "nice"? Indian, pizza, ...?
    Best for cheapest money imo: KRCMA.

Hi Magnus,

Thank you, I will take a look at the link. Sorry for not being specific, well i don't mind any type of food at a reasonable price of course ;)

Lilly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You see, there have been lots of threads about restaurants. You should be able to find loads of good places in those threads, I assume people will add a few to this thread too :)
    KRCMA is a Slavic place in Salthill that does big meals for just over a tenner, simple solid savoury food.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Magnus wrote: »
    You see, there have been lots of threads about restaurants. You should be able to find loads of good places in those threads, I assume people will add a few to this thread too :)
    KRCMA is a Slavic place in Salthill that does big meals for just over a tenner, simple solid savoury food.

Thanks for your time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,998 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There's a shiny new Burger King in the Eyre Square centre, won't have been included in any of the other restaurant threads as yet.

Oh, and shiny re-fitted Supernacs at the top of Eyre Square too, somehow I doubt that it will come up if you search for "restaurant" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Last time I was in Galway,which was a while ago, I went to Fat Freddy's on Quay Street(I think) I really enjoyed it and food was very good. Don't ask about the prices though, it was that long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Nimmo's is pretty tasty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 smitty1979

Cookes on abbeygate street. Yum. Just buy the duck. There'll be enough in that to keep you going. Naturally skip the wine and starter. Dont know if they have any of the usual special offers going on. Used to love fat freddys too but think they got new management and it has slipped imo. Milanos much nicer... Again skip the booze to keep cost close to the fast food prices. Of course if its midweek you're looking at, check for the great offers. Kirbys doing good deals recently which includes a pint after. Pretty good grub too a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 live4today

there is an amazing italien on the corner of forster court i think its called al murettos or something like that, and a georg thai place on the spanish arch called thai gardens but thats kinda pricey.

Advertisement