Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Programs that make rough skin look nice n' smooth.

• 22-04-2009 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a program that can make roughish skin appear smooth? I took a pic of somebodies face with a flash out of the frame and to the left, and it highlighted every single anomaly on her face. She needs it to be perfect!! Any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Do you have photoshop? If so Imagenomic's Portraiture. Otherwise you could use Portrait Professional Max. It's the biz... I think its on version 8 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Never bought it but the demo worked magic (if you like that air brushed look) on some sample photo's I tried with it.

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

I own http://www.portraitprofessional.com/ and used sparingly it's so quick and easy to use. It is very easy to abuse it and make everything look like plastic though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

As the above said, Portrait Professional used on the minimum settings can work, even then, I find it a bit strong, and use the Portrait Pro'd image as an adjustment layer over the original and work down on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Gaussian blur and then eraser + opacity change in photoshop would work too (more labour intensive but you get exact control).

Though...too much photoshopping can lead to a shock when people meet in real life (whether it be for modelling contracts, dating, interviews etc.) Make sure it's not overdone to give a false impression of who that person is.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! *gets coat*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

Kodak have a plugin for that too or you could use something like Noise Ninja/Neat Image (sparingly) Theres lots of tutorials on the net also on how to achieve this.
    and yea!
    progs like Portrait Professional can alter a person entirely
    see my image in the touch-up thread!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Guy Gowan has a tutorial DVD called "Cosmetic Techniques" which just uses the normal photoshop techniques applied through masks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I use 2 programs, photoshop and corel paint shop, photoshop I would just use the blur tool and gor over the skin with that but paint shop has a great feature called skin smoothing, beautiful effect and you choose how extreme you want to go, normally I would use up to 5% but in modelling style shots I go to around 70 for airbrush look.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

KentC Skin Fix is an action that I downloaded free on the internet. Can't remember where though, so you'd have to google it. I have Portrait Professional and it works really well but costs money. I use both with wedding photography.

Advertisement