Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th years making money for the summer??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone email and find out what the craic is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i sent them an email.. will post back with any info i get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

got an email back,
    basically they are doing an online revision course for 5th years going into 6th year. basically if you get people to sign up to the course/to buy notes from them, they will pay you €20 per person you get to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Well that's a disappointment. Can't see anyone earning ''hundreds of euro'' doing that tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I don't think many 5th years would be interested in grinds over the Summer anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 shockhorror27

I was saying to a chap who emailed me that its better than nothing, not many if any jobs going around this summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

For those of you Dublin based people D2, Burn Beachclub, Twentyone, and a few other clubs are looking for people to do promo work. There's info on there bebos.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    Aye, I should really try get some work this Summer but I expect it will be hard with the reshesshun and all...
    Ah now, this one wasn't the German's fault :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

This looks so dodgy, and the site is basically just trying to get you to advertise for them and you "might" make money. I'd steer clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Looks quite pyramid-schemy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

blubloblu wrote: »

Total hyperbole, but I have never seen anything less pyramid schemey.

He wants 6th years to promote grinds to 5th years, I have no intention to get involved with this (As I really dont know any 5th years more than anything else) but the guy sounded relatively genuine in the email (Does this mean it is not a scam? No, but it seems genuine).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

kateos2 wrote: »
    got an email back,
    basically they are doing an online revision course for 5th years going into 6th year. basically if you get people to sign up to the course/to buy notes from them, they will pay you €20 per person you get to sign up.
    Piste wrote: »
    This looks so dodgy, and the site is basically just trying to get you to advertise for them and you "might" make money. I'd steer clear.
    blubloblu wrote: »

If something sounds too good to be true, it almost always is...

I'm not saying it is a scam either and I do think the guy behind this is genuine but I do not think that many 5th years would be willing to take up grinds for the summer!

No offence OP, but I don't think you will get much of an uptake on this, from either 5th or 6th years.

Advertisement