Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor Trouble

Options
  • 22-04-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hey lads,

having a bit of trouble with the motor of the M4,

the problem is whenever the motor is put into the grip of the M4 and the metal cap, placed and screwed back on the end of the grip, the motor stops working all together, i tried it out side of the grip it works fine, tried it in side the grip but not pushed fully into the gearbox worked, but whenever its pushed into the gear box, it wont turn, at all, not even attempt to turn. The gearbox isn't locked up either, iam still able to wind it manually. Any ideas?

Lately:
    Ive replaced the wiring for batterys to go into the fullstock,
    Would it be possible that theres too much resistence, with more wiring the motor wont turn over in the gearbox?

Also, i lent it to someone who was having aeg trouble, their motor was totaly worn, something up with his batterys, they know who they are:p
    Have a sneaking suspicion that its after affecting mine too.

any help or suggestions appreciated
    thanks
    PK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

What power was the battery you used from a friend and the one you usually used. How old is the gun and any modifications been done to it.

Oh and did you try tighten/loosen the motor with the hex screw at the bottom (least I think its a hex screw)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

P.K wrote: »
    Hey lads,

having a bit of trouble with the motor of the M4,

the problem is whenever the motor is put into the grip of the M4 and the metal cap, placed and screwed back on the end of the grip, the motor stops working all together, i tried it out side of the grip it works fine, tried it in side the grip but not pushed fully into the gearbox worked, but whenever its pushed into the gear box, it wont turn, at all, not even attempt to turn. The gearbox isn't locked up either, iam still able to wind it manually. Any ideas?

Lately:
    Ive replaced the wiring for batterys to go into the fullstock,
    Would it be possible that theres too much resistence, with more wiring the motor wont turn over in the gearbox?

Also, i lent it to someone who was having aeg trouble, their motor was totaly worn, something up with his batterys, they know who they are:p
    Have a sneaking suspicion that its after affecting mine too.

any help or suggestions appreciated
    thanks
    PK

Are the motor connections coming off the motor when you screw the plate on?

Had that problem with my SCAR, took ages to figure it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

Toasty113 wrote: »
    What power was the battery you used from a friend and the one you usually used. How old is the gun and any modifications been done to it.

Oh and did you try tighten/loosen the motor with the hex screw at the bottom (least I think its a hex screw)

sorry forgot to add that,
    ive tried the adjustment screw on the bottom, no joy,
    the gun is my own, most parts have been changed, orginally Dboys, now a mixture of numerous parts,

Its always been run on 8.4v and was run on 8.4v when it was lent out,
    ive tried a 9.6v in it and still nothing,

Blay wrote: »
    Are the motor connections coming off the motor when you screw the plate on?

Had that problem with my SCAR, took ages to figure it out.

No, thats what i thought originally, but i double checked taped it down just to be sure and still nothing

Does it still have its original motor because that could be worn out. (It would work fine out the gearbox but as soon as it trys to turn anything it doesnt have the power)

• Advertisement

Toasty113 wrote: »
    Does it still have its original motor because that could be worn out. (It would work fine out the gearbox but as soon as it trys to turn anything it doesnt have the power)

Thats the thing, thats what was wrong with the motor in the aeg i lent it to, it hadnt the power to turn the gearbox over because it was worn, this on apperance dosent look as worn as the one in the broken aeg i lent it too.

Do you mean the gear on top of the motor wasnt as worn, or the actual motor itself?

the gears are fine, its the back of the motor, where the connectors are, it was pointed out to me there about wear on the copper cyclinder

Yea, sounds like an electrical/wiring problem. Unfortunatley thats my weakpoint!

yep, totally neglected to mention that, would the fire selector have any say in this, i replaced it today as well, seems to be loose in its frame/bracket, would this have any affect on the motor? Seeing as how it might not be pushing it into its proper fire mode, even tho the motor wont turn over in semi or full auto?

• Advertisement

Only if the copper plates on the fire selector plate and trigger box thing werent connecting. Make sure that when you put the gearbox back into the lower reciever that the point on the fire selector switch is going into the place where it should go on the plate, thus moving the plate onto the copper contact points when you change firing modes from safe to semi or auto

I had another tinker with it last night, problem seems to be the grip cap, in a slight bit of frustration, i just rammed the motor the whole way through, hit full auto, and pulled the trigger, and fired perfectly,
    the 2 grip plates i have dont seem to work, and ive played with the adjuster to the extreme both ways and still nothing,

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xxboylarzxx

did you try tighten/loosen the motor with the screw at the bottom of the grip?

Andy

Advertisement