Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought the game

Options
  • 22-04-2009 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

So my trial ran out - I bought a retail copy of the game, went to worldofwarcraft.com/account and where it says upgrade account I typed in the authentication code thats printed on the game manual - it says it's invalid ?
    I've emailed blizzard but no response yet, does this happen a lot ? I'm sure i've typed it in right - i tried big and small.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

worldofwarcraft.com is the us site..

You need to go to www.wow-europe.com

The key should work then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Thanks, gave that a try but my login doesn't work, I guess that means I have a US trial account and an EU copy of the game - bummer I'm at lvl 15 don't want to start afresh, I'll email blizzard and see will they give me a US key in exchange for my EU one, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

You might as well bite the bullet and just start afresh as when you get to the end game material all the raids will be at USA time.

ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu I suppose I can pick a different class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

MooseJam wrote: »
    Thanks, gave that a try but my login doesn't work, I guess that means I have a US trial account and an EU copy of the game - bummer I'm at lvl 15 don't want to start afresh, I'll email blizzard and see will they give me a US key in exchange for my EU one, thanks

You wont be able to get your CD Key exchanged. Dont email them as it will take too long for a reply. If you want to still contact accounts ring them ib the morning.

Your options are either create a European account with the same information as your current account and then transfer your character to your new account

or

Just keep playing on your US accountand have some latency issues.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You'd get a new character to 15 by the time they got back to you anyway. Hell, you'd get a new character to 20 before they got back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Just start a new EU trial and level to 15/20. When you are ready, apply your new EU cd-key and go from there.

Part of the problem with alot of new WoW players is that they dont give all of the classes a good try.

Almost all of them these days are balanced and fun to play, so it's in your interests to try multiple classes before settling on the one you want. There is a helluva lot of fun content to explore in each of the races starter zones so, you arent losing anything. Also, if you ask around here, you could probably find a decent server with some other Irish people and get in an already existing guild and have some decent craic.

You never know, this could be the best thing that ever happened to you :)

Cheers guys, I'll start again so, sounds like the best option

Ivan wrote: »
    You never know, this could be the best thing that ever happened to you :)
    Or worst, depending on your addiction level :) Whatever you do though, dont rush through the content. Some people will rush through trying to get to lvl80, and miss out on so much of the game. Take your time, do your quests, and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

There is a way to change your realm list on a US version to a Europeon realm list. But if you want to play on a Europeon server (witch makes more sense, with lag issues and the like), you wont be able to us your US toon you have level'ed. So starting from scratch on a Europeon server, as has already been said, is the way forward.

• Advertisement

Btw, Deathknight ftw, you start at level 55. And in PvE and PvP it goes down a treat:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

You need to have a character already at 55 though methinks.

Btw, Deathknight ftw, you start at level 55...missing half the game
    Fixed that for you :p

I'd still say you should level a different character up, if only to see the low level areas. The first time through was an amazing experience, which still hasnt been beaten in any other online game.

Kiith wrote: »

I'd still say you should level a different character up, if only to see the low level areas. The first time through was an amazing experience, which still hasnt been beaten in any other online game.

DK is perfect for me, i play mostly just before or after midnight because of my job and RL bits and bobs. I pretty much solo'ed my hunter up to 74 even though im in a guild. Not having anyone to do instances with or quest with gets lonely:(.

But saying that, lvling with others from lvl 1 is alot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

Kiith wrote: »

dont forget the hoggsr experiance, EVERYONE should do a hoggar raid lol

I started again with a european trial account - trial ended but it won't accept the authentication key on the euro website either - I'm not impressed - I mailed blizzard again, I suppose it will be a few days before I get a reply so I have a couple of hours to fill in the evening, game are selling Age of Conan for 7.99, is this any good does anyone know, can't go too far wrong at that price can you.

Advertisement