Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cape Cod j1 '09

• 22-04-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Cape Cod, talk to me!? Job, House, etc...;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

was there in 2000 - good laugh ..... plenty of accomodation, plenty of parties and plenty of jobs ..... then again - that was 9yrs ago .... it'll be hot.

theres probably loads of jobs on the ferry to nantucket, the hyannis travel inn, Assuming you goto the main town in Cape Cod (Hyannis) theres ...Sea street market, Hoyts cinema, landscaping, even give the local radio station a buzz 96.8 or 98.6 (the rose) .... maybe try some of the local candy stores or restaurants.

Have a look through the classifieds of the cape cod times. (google it yerself - I'm lazy :P:P )

if you get a chance during the summer go and visit provincetown (predominantly gay town - definately worth a visit, even if you are not gay)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mygsy

Went '07- best summer ever!! Full of irish! All above suggestions are good... I worked in west Yarmouth which is about 10min drive from hyannis...lotz restaurants and hotels there for work!! To live...there is always Pleasant Street, I had a house on the beach fo $60 a week but that was pure luck!! And to go out...ya cant beat puffer bellies!! Good times:D!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dan1988iel

finding it hard to get a house tbh...had you that house on pleasant street sorted b4 you went out?? will they rent something to us at such short notice dya think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mygsy

I actually lived in west yarmouth not on pleasant street which is in hyannis. Knew a friend of a friend so we got a reaaly good house for real cheap. As far as I can remember most people just turned up...itz a little bit of a kip but all the houses are full of irish so da best house parties are there. Also google irish village in west yarmouth, they usually take on irish to housekeep or waitress and they have a house esp to accomadate them. I dont know who you would contact on pleasant st maybe somebody else who actually lived there might know?? But dont worry if you have nothing, there is lotz of cheap motels to stay in until u find sumwhere! Knock doors when u get there!

Advertisement