Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go this saturday?

Options
  • 22-04-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Alright lads.
    Should be able to get away this saturday. Can anyone reccommend somewhere near dublin. Newbie, but would have reasonable experience paintballing.
    Can i bail down on my tobler? if so - what time? How long does the whole thing last?

Cheers,
    N

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Please see this section for a list of sites around the country.

Details of times/cost and how the sites operate will be available in their respective threads.

Moving this to getting started

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

How far you willing to travel, because Rathbeggan is very good. Also heard good things about a site in drogheda and red barn is also very good.

I have no idea what you mean by "bail down on my tobler"

Opening times vary from place to place, but its almost always 9 or 10 in the morn. And it usually ends about 5 in the evening.

Your completly new then?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

Pretty much. bought a CA 8-2 about a week after finding out airsoft existed a few weeks ago.

(by heading down on my tobler, I mean, head down on my own) as in tobler-own :)

I'm in south dub city. don't mind travelling a bit.

9-5.... long auld day! i'm assuming there's generally a few types of game played over the day?

The adrenaline keeps you goin, trust me! As far as Rathbeggan goes theres usually quite a few people there so goin on your own shouldnt be a prob (though I've only been on sundays, I've been told its still as good, a bit more newbie orientated as teams usually go on sundays)

Rathbeggans just outside Dunshaughlin, on the Dublin side, Its just one turn off one your left

Heres a link: http://www.rathbegganairsoft.com/

Oh and theyre doin evening games now aswell, so the day just got longer!

sweet. might check it out. seems like a bit of a trek, if no-one can reccommend anything closer, i'll give it a lash.
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Living in Dublin you've got the best choice of sites in the country, there's HRTA in Swords, Red Barn in Swords, Grey Wolf in Tallaght, The Warehouse in Coolock, Fingal airsoft in Stamullen and Drogheda airsoft in Drogheda, also the much pimped (shilled) so far in this thread Rathbeggan ;)

I've played every site on that list bar Grey Wolf (which I've heard good things about but haven't had the time just yet), all of them are excellent, it just depends on what style of gameplay you're after.

All of the sites I've visited get a good crowd on a saturday and there should be no bother arriving ala billy no mates. Your best bet, if you ask me, is to browse the retailers and sites forum and see which site takes your fancy.

wow, swords residents are a lucky bunch! will check the retailers as suggested.
    cheers

Wouldnt recommend the warehouse since its a close quarters place. That wouldnt work well with the CA8-2. A few people I know arent fans of HRTA. Red Barn is supposed to be a thick forest type venue which is good. Fingal Airsoft is a bit of a mix between medium forest and open ground. Rathbeggan has open ground and (apparently) more creature comfort in the safe zone than other places, but I cant vouch for that.

By open ground I mean less forest and more artificial cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

More than likely am going to Drogheda .. am only 15 so any one know were i get the consent form.. Would it be at the place itself?

More than likely am going to Drogheda .. am only 15 so any one know were i get the consent form.. Would it be at the place itself?

Check their website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

Sounds like a good idea :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

for a newbie i would recomend rathbeggan,as it is one of the most open sites i know (not really much woodland) and if it is you very first time you want a place that dosent requrie that much stealth or certin tatics also the games they play up there are very straight forward.
    if you are like myself and want woodland and more tatical and stealth type games i would 100% recomend red barn airsoft as it is everything an airsofter would want.and like rathbeggan there games are straight forward too.
    both palce are easy enough to find and also have there own websites so have a look at them and think about were you want to go but either way you wont be dissapointed:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

mle1324 wrote: »
    for a newbie i would recomend rathbeggan,as it is one of the most open sites i know (not really much woodland) and if it is you very first time you want a place that dosent requrie that much stealth or certin tatics also the games they play up there are very straight forward.
    if you are like myself and want woodland and more tatical and stealth type games i would 100% recomend red barn airsoft as it is everything an airsofter would want.and like rathbeggan there games are straight forward too.
    both palce are easy enough to find and also have there own websites so have a look at them and think about were you want to go but either way you wont be dissapointed:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

+1 on all of that

i like the look of red barn alright. i think i'd prefere the stealthy type of game rather than all in the open stuff. think i'll head there this weekend. anyone else heading down on sat?

Toasty113 wrote: »
    +1 on all of that
    mate,i feel stupit asking this question but what do you mean by +1

most likeley i will be there on saturday and anyway there is always a good crowed there also when you join the give you these deadly looken membership cards

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

+1
    It means "I agree with all the above and want to be added to the people who do so". Some people here despise it's use.

tonky wrote: »
    +1
    It means "I agree with all the above and want to be added to the people who do so". Some people here despise it's use.

thanks for telling us that:):)
    you learn something new everyday:cool::cool:

Basically mean I second what you said.

Its shorter than saying "I completly agree with this and the person it was directed at should take the advice". But now I've gone and said it which makes the +1 redundant

+1

Why would people despise its use?

• Advertisement

+1 on all of that

+1-too!!! or should i say +2?
    :P

id sy sum ppl jst dnt lk txt spk.

i ain't one of them though!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

It's best if we keep on topic. There was a big debate about using Text, abbreviations and shorthand on posts here. Sometimes people just post +1 and you end up with a long list of posts all containing +1, which contributes nothing to what's being discussed.

It's best if we keep on topic. There was a big debate about using Text, abbreviations and shorthand on posts here. Sometimes people just post +1 and you end up with a long list of posts all containing +1, which contributes nothing to what's being discussed.

yes i agree,reckon i shouldent of asked.

but yes anyway red barn is the place to go,you also get a free bottle of bbs when you become a member:cool::cool:

I suppose thats what they have the "thanks" button

ok, another newbie question (hopefully the last!), i have .25 bb's. not sure what fps my gun is (CA 8-2), but are .25 bb's ok to use in skirmish? i thought .20's are more standard. - (i haven't modified the spring)

ok, another newbie question (hopefully the last!), i have .25 bb's. not sure what fps my gun is (CA 8-2), but are .25 bb's ok to use in skirmish? i thought .20's are more standard. - (i haven't modified the spring)

yes, but your aeg will have to be croned using 0.20

Theyre more accurate but wont travel as far. Might jam if the gun finds it harder to get them out the barrel but that wont be a problem with the 8-2 since its powerful enough at stock level

Theyre more accurate but wont travel as far. Might jam if the gun finds it harder to get them out the barrel but that wont be a problem with the 8-2 since its powerful enough at stock level

i dont really think sites care what bbs you use just as long as it is under 328fps with a .20 bb

• Advertisement

sweet. should be sorted so!

thanks to you all for your help.
    see you out there hopefully.
    cheers
    N

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement