Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping the Nokia Clock Code

• 22-04-2009 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Ok I have heard that there is a code which will stop the clock on your phone. Its used by system engineers to run tests, but it apparantly also means that once the clock is stopped, you can make free calls......anyone heard of this? Now I have seen the code used, on a Nokia, when pumped in a message comes up "clock stopped" (or similar). Anyone heard about it? And more importantly, if I use it, could I get caught????? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Doubt you could make free calls because surely your operator is smart enough to know your calling someone. You are using their network after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I heard of it years ago, it was *#746025625# but it doesn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Yep, I remember that, I used the code on a 5110, this was about 10/11 years ago... I rang my uncle in the US for about an hour and it didn't cost a penny.

I don't think this is possible anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye its a long time ago. Haven't heard in mentioned in years. And I dont think it will do anything what so ever to new phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

Yea this was back years ago, I assure you it wont work anymore. Pity though. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Does tapping the reciever still work on pay phones...Way back when, I remember hours of fun and free phone calls in the eircom phone boxes...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Does tapping the reciever still work on pay phones...Way back when, I remember hours of fun and free phone calls in the eircom phone boxes...

ISTR that only working in Button-A/Button-B phones or the original payphones (rotary dial).

Advertisement