Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT407

Options
  • 22-04-2009 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Culinary Arts in DIT anyone? Opinions, advice etc. is most welcome:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭no scope

this is my 1st option:)

its going to be difficult to get the points as i did **** in my mocks:(

ive applied to board failte to do professional cookery if i dont get in

you do 2 years and your registered as a commis chef and then your entitled to go into dit

you need to do these 2 years to go into ur second year in dit

hope i helped :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 risteard85

no scope wrote: »
    you do 2 years and your registered as a commis chef and then your entitled to go into dit

no your a commis chef WHILE your in college and a fully qualified chef when you complete those two years!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4 raheensbuddy

PLease Help!!

Should i do the 2 years proffesional cookery or the BA in Culinary Arts!! advice tips needed PLEAASE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I don't see why you would if you get the BA. Theres plenty of replication, I personally don't see any advantage to it. If you were to do the Cert, you could possibly get into second year of the BA.

Anyway, in my opinion, no, theres no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 raheensbuddy

Thanks Dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭CFC4lyfe

Hey there, strongly interested in doing this course as I'm interested in being a chef/cook but was wondering of the level expected before going in there? By that I mean, the level of cooking? I am well able for basic dishes and even a couple of sauces but advanced dishes isn't my best attribute (at the moment) due to me not being able to afford so many ingredientss etc

By basic btw, I mean in terms of cooking meat, fish etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Hey, I've moved your thread into an existing one on culinary arts that we already have.

Anyway I'm actually in second year myself, you don't need any experience you do everything from scratch, we literally had an entire practical on egg cooking, that's the whole point of the course, learning from scratch and learning it all properly. If you've any other questions let me know and I'll do my best to help you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭CFC4lyfe

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Hey, I've moved your thread into an existing one on culinary arts that we already have.

Anyway I'm actually in second year myself, you don't need any experience you do everything from scratch, we literally had an entire practical on egg cooking, that's the whole point of the course, learning from scratch and learning it all properly. If you've any other questions let me know and I'll do my best to help you out :)

Thanks a lot and sorry for the new thread being opened :)

Have a choice between this and GMIT and strongly considering DIT even though I am a Galway native :p Anyways, was wondering if there's much theory involved and do you enjoy the course?

Advertisement