Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice Week 5

Options
  • 22-04-2009 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Oooh, a bad pair to bring back in. I think she should have brought back Philip and Nooral.

Hopefully the cream puff goes. Her behaviour during this boardroom is really childish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Geordie Phillip is a lucky boy. He's started a row on nearly every single team he's been on. Plus he came up with the ludicrous Pants Man.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Yeah, he's a little too lairy for my liking, not a good team player.

Kymberly's biggest mistake was not bringing Nooral in with her, Sugar is dying to fire him. Also, bad speech from your one trying to sell the product at the presentation.

Btw, thanks Mods, didn't realise we're on week 5 already!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I have a feeling that that team will be wiped out, unless Philip and Lorraine can actually work together because the rest will be gone fairly soon. If Lorraine is Team Leader next week and looses and bring in Noorul and Howard, Noorul is out, if the loose the week after under Philip and he brings in Howard and Mona, Howard is out.

Leaving Philip, Lorraine and Mona!!!!

I think both Philip and Lorraine are as negative as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Kim was the complete wrong person to fire. The whole idea was Philip's and Lorraine was just constant negativity, especially in the boardroom.

That treasure flakes theme tune is stuff in my head, it's so awful but kind of catchy, "Have yourself some treasure flakes" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It's strange really as Philip was backing Lorraine up a couple of weeks ago when Big Honker Debra attacked Lorraine in the boardroom. Kim deserved to go to many mistakes from someone who was supposed to know about marketing, from not controlling her team to not doing the presentation herself to leaving the box design to the graphic designer, so she deserved to go as the majority of the your fired audience agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What's the deal with The Apprentice threads being dumped here? For the last few weeks I just thought nobody was watching.

Anyway........

Kymberly's biggest mistake was not bringing Nooral in with her, Sugar is dying to fire him. Also, bad speech from your one trying to sell the product at the presentation.
    He's definitely waiting to sack him, but it would've been a possible catch 22 if she had of brought him in. She could've went with the "he's not contributing anything to the task line" and then she could've been slated for controlling him and giving him nothing to do.

Philip definitely had a big part to play in the task failing but what saved him was his past record and the fact that he really fights for himself in the Boardroom, Sugar really likes contestants that know how to fight their corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

I don't understand everyone complaining that Lorraine was so negative.

She was the only voice of reason on the team, the only one who seemed to understand the that the product idea was appallingly bad. Phillip was just being a complete boor about every detail, he was positive about things only when he got his way. Everybody else was just opinionless.

I find it hard to imagine that you could take 4 reasonably educated people like Noorul, Howard, Mona and Kim and the sum of their creative powers was zero - no contribution whatsoever.

Even though he is an eejit, I kind of like the way Phillip keeps you guessing. I didn't expect him to round on Kim in the boardroom. He could have just said "I'm here because the client didn't like my product but at least I have an imagination and I produced something". It could have been revenge for the way she gave out to him about getting excited and shouting in last week's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I agree completely about Lorraine; she was negative because their's was a sh1te idea (with a little bit of her own idea being ignored being thrown in, but it was far better than Pants Man). She was maybe a little unwise by going on the attack constantly in the boardroom, as Siralun doesn't like to see that. Looks from the VT that she will be leading Philip next week which should be interesting (although that clip in the taxi probably does not represent the whole story).

Again, she made the wrong choices for the boardroom. If Noorul and Mona had been in there, one of them would have gone for contributing poorly to the task.

I loved Margaret even more than usual this week!

And I was so impressed with Kate and her team, even James who I thought was a knob up to now. It's rare for an advertising task to end up going to well (memories of Simon Ambrose and a mini trampoline spring to mind...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Can anyone clarify whether lorraine is English or Irish? I'm sure she had an Irish accent ( albeit very slight ) in the first programme. I didn't see it since then except for last Wednesday and suddenly she seemed to have an English accent.
    I looked at her profile on the Beeb's website and it says she is from Kent but maybe it just means thats where she lives? Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can't believe how stupid Kim actually was in the Boardroom,

all she had to do was bring in Noorul and she would have been grand. SirAlun is just itching to get rid of him IMO.

She is no loss anyway and never had a chance of winning it even though she is obviously very bright if very american but she just didn't have any street smarts.

I can't stand Lorraine not that I'm defending Philip, She just bitched and moaned from what I saw granted she was in the right but once the decision had been made to constantly just say she wasn't happy is far from professional and not to mention leading out in the boardroom was just crazy.

It was very good show IMO, I was actually looking through my fingers during the "Pantsman" presentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

ziedth wrote: »
    I can't stand Lorraine not that I'm defending Philip, She just bitched and moaned from what I saw granted she was in the right but once the decision had been made to constantly just say she wasn't happy is far from professional and not to mention leading out in the boardroom was just crazy.

It was very good show IMO, I was actually looking through my fingers during the "Pantsman" presentation.

But Philip just moans the whole time like a spoiled 5 year old.

I watch this show through my fingers each week, some of the thinks they say to Alan Sugar is just so cringworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Kimberly came across as so silly in the boardroom! When Lorraine was going on about how her ideas being shouted down etc Kiberley was denying it vehemently then when Philip said she should be fired she totally changed her tune and accused him of forcing his opinions and ideas after arguing that point with Lorraine. Didn't like her anyway.. the 'rough tough cream puff' comment was corny and stupid.
    Great episode, Kate did well, fair play...I'm liking James too. Not dying about Lorraine, she looks like she needs a good wash, all untidy and dishevelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Where do I know that girl Debra from the one who looks like she's sucking a lemon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

RATM wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify whether lorraine is English or Irish? I'm sure she had an Irish accent ( albeit very slight ) in the first programme. I didn't see it since then except for last Wednesday and suddenly she seemed to have an English accent.
    I looked at her profile on the Beeb's website and it says she is from Kent but maybe it just means thats where she lives? Anyone any ideas?
    She was born in the UK to Irish parents if you must know. Why does it matter?

Did anyone else notice the Look Kate(Who I think may win) and Philip gave each other as they came in?
    But Philip just moans the whole time like a spoiled 5 year old.

Ya I'n no lover of him either I sometimes think a few contestants are planted to mix things up and cause arguments but TBF it's easy just to sit back and complian like Lorraine did.

all she had to do was bring in Noorul and she would have been grand. SirAlun is just itching to get rid of him IMO.
    I think she thought that Lorraine was definitely for the chop. Taskwise they failed because it was a hopelessly useless idea. The person who thought up the idea had to be in the boardroom for that reason. As for Noorul, she asked him to get into a suit and hide himself away, so she couldn't really criticise his contribution. I think if she had brought Noorul in SAS would have suspected her of trying to second-guess him and might have fired her anyway.
    I thought it was her best bet, given that she knew the rest of the team were against her anyway.

I can't help feeling that if Lorraine was drop-dead gorgeous, people wouldn't be so quick to say that trying to talk the team out of a really bad plan was being negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

RATM wrote: »

This comes up on here almost every week! Lorraine was born in the UK, moved back to Mullingar when she was around 6 and went back to London when she was 18 or so. Her natural accent, imho, is her Irish one. The accent she uses on sales and presentation tasks, and in the boardroom is always London / UK. You have to catch her with the guard down to hear the Irish one. Last week, for example, she never let the Irish one loose.

nevey wrote: »
    I can't help feeling that if Lorraine was drop-dead gorgeous, people wouldn't be so quick to say that trying to talk the team out of a really bad plan was being negative.

I repectfully disagree TBH. I would never treat anyone better or worse due to their looks. Fair enogh Lorraine is not an attractive girl and i'm sure if she looked like say Kate maybe some people wouldn't be so quick to condem her but A bitch is a bitch IMO. Its a cop out of the highest order to say that if she where good looking she would be more accepted.

I repectfully disagree TBH. I would never treat anyone better or worse due to their looks. Fair enogh Lorraine is not an attractive girl and i'm sure if she looked like say Kate maybe some people wouldn't be so quick to condem her but A bitch is a bitch IMO.
    I wasn't directing my observation at you so, while you can disagree on your own behalf (I'd like to think I wouldn't treat someone differently if they looked well either) you're effectively saying you disagree with my point and then you are agreeing with it! You are right - people wouldn't be so quick to condemn her. Though I don't know that I'd pick Kate as my example of someone really attractive, but that's a different matter!
    ...but A bitch is a bitch IMO.
    I don't see how she is a "bitch". What has she done that you could call bitchy?
    Its a cop out of the highest order to say that if she where good looking she would be more accepted.

How is it a cop-out? You just agreed with me above "if she looked like say Kate maybe some people wouldn't be so quick to condem her". QED

What I mean is that anyone involved in business really shouldn't see her any differently if she was better looking (I think Kate is Deadly BTW :))

The scene when infront of the designer when she caused the row was beyond unprofessional and I just doin't agree with the way she lead out on the attack in the boardroom so hense the bitch comment, I can agree this this is a TV show so editing and Drama have to be taken inot consideration but I like to suspend mt belief and imagine its real life during the show and discussing it.

We can agree to dis-agree (hense the beauty of discussion) we can talk about it more nevey after week 6 :D

• Advertisement

Looking forward to it :D!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

What I mean is that anyone involved in business really shouldn't see her any differently if she was better looking (I think Kate is Deadly BTW :))

The scene when infront of the designer when she caused the row was beyond unprofessional and I just doin't agree with the way she lead out on the attack in the boardroom so hense the bitch comment,

Was it not Phillip doing most of the rowing in front of the designer? Even at that it takes more then one person to have an argument.

To be honest I didn't even think she was being a bitch. She at least knew Phillip's idea was completely ridiculous which is more than can be said for some of the others.

Advertisement