Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours shower noise

Options
  • 22-04-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

The neighbour next door has an electric shower (triton t90) which is 2 ft from the party wall. is it normal to hear the shower throughout our house when there shower is running? Is there anything I can do to fix this noise? Party wall is 9" block on its flat then rendered in sand and cement and then tiled over. External wall is a cavity block (70's construction) so sound could be entering through this external adjoing wall (flanking transmission)? I can also hear running water in their sink!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

bibibobo wrote: »
    The neighbour next door has an electric shower (triton t90) which is 2 ft from the party wall. is it normal to hear the shower throughout our house when there shower is running? Is there anything I can do to fix this noise? Party wall is 9" block on its flat then rendered in sand and cement and then tiled over. External wall is a cavity block (70's construction) so sound could be entering through this external adjoing wall (flanking transmission)? I can also hear running water in their sink!!

9" solid is the regulation between houses . It is usually very good as sound trafers.

what you could do.

go up into your attic and check for gaps the party wall right up to the apex of the roof.

there should be no gap between the wall and the roofing felt.

If there is, it should be stuffed with rockwool or sand & cement mix .

this could explain the the water sound as well.

Advertisement