Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurting myself in Sleep?

Options
  • 22-04-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. Been recently waking up in the morning and finding I may have gotten a pulled muscle in my sleep or a scrap/cut. But the other morning when I woke up I pulled a muscle in my chest so tight that I couldnt move my left arm properly without hurting it. I also found I have a scrap going up my right arm from god knows what. I don't remember hurting myself or anything of the sort just remember waking up with it. I dont have long nails to cut my skin deep and it doesn't hurt a bit.

Just frustrating waking up with pains having no idea what from?
    Anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

stangely Shay Healy was interviewed on the Marion Finucane show last saturday and is having almost the same problem as you.

I,m sure you know that we dream during the rapid eye movement(rem)stage of sleep.when all is well our bodies are paralysed during this period.

even in cats scientists interfered with their rem sleep and believe it or not cats dream!was hilarious to watch sleeping cats jumping in the air or stalking perceived mice!

Shay healy said since been put on medication he needs he physicly lives out his dreams as during rem the medication stops his body being paralysed and he gets vivid dreams,often times the result being he wakes up on the floor and sore all over after not just dreaming about wrestling with a grizzly bear but actually getting out of bed and punching the wall or something!

have you recently been put on a medication?
    if not you really need the help of a sleep clinic(they will wire you up and see what irregular brainwaves(if any)are going on and why.
    just an overnight stay.
    nothing to panic about but not something you should ignore either.

Advertisement