Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF to run Michael Crowe to Europe

Options
  • 22-04-2009 10:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Hot news, it seems that everyone else they asked told them to feck off , O Ceidigh, Fahey , Kitt the ex minister , the lot .

Now it seems that FF have settled on running Michael Crowe in the Euro elections . Motherful jesus they are really scraping the barrel now :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Hopefully he'll keep on running all the way to Europe and not come back!

He'd better watch out though...a lot of trees over there

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lots of barrel scraping going on with FF in these parts. Val Hanley! :eek:

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Hot news, it seems that everyone else they asked told them to feck off , O Ceidigh, Fahey , Kitt the ex minister , the lot .

Now it seems that FF have settled on running Michael Crowe in the Euro elections . Motherful jesus they are really scraping the barrel now :(

Just now spotted O'Ceidigh in your OP. Who? Not Padraig O'Ceidigh, Aer Arann, or am I just demonstrating my ignorance of FF parish pump gombeens with this question?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

OMG, I nearly pissed myself laughing when I heard this! That muppet will never get elected, and I can't wait to have him try to canvass me for a vote...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Pádraig O Ceidigh was touted as a Ganley killer. he refused to run for FF.

Unlike Ganley O Céidigh has a history of employing Galway people ( other than as cleaners )

• Advertisement

Actually Ganley employs a Galway fellow who was taught by O'Ceidigh, when O'Ceidigh was a teacher.

Conspiracy theory anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where is this information coming from?
    I can't imagine FF running Crowe for europe at all. They's go for someone more like Geoghegan-Quinn or a parachute candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Magnus wrote: »

All it says is that Crowe is available to be slaughtered at the european ballot box

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Michael Crowe is the true international statesman we need representing us in Brussels and occasionally Strasbourg. He will be the one man to unite this great continent against rowdy students, where men like Caesar failed before him.

• Advertisement

FF have another scam in mind. There are NO BY ELECTIONS to the EU Parliament you see.

O Neachtain originally got in becuase FF had a seat and Pat The Cope wanted to come back to Donegal. The seat remained within the 'gift' of Fianna Fáil .

These replacement MEPs are notified to the EU Parliament

http://www.europarl.ie/mep_replacement_lists.html
    The vacancy is filled from a replacement list, which is presented by parties or independent candidates to the returning officer in their constituency PRIOR!!! to each European election.

The new plan they have is to get O Cuiv to 'win' the seat and then to give it to a replacement . We will know the replacements before we vote and we are being asked to vote for the replacement ...in effect ...if O Cuiv runs.

O Cuiv will not run unless baby Eamonn O Cuiv is a replacement I hear.

Here are the current ..ie 2004-2009 Replacements .

DR JAMES McDAID
    SEAN Ó NEACHTAIN
    MICHAEL KITT
    ANTHONY P. VESEY
    PATRICK McGOWAN
    BERNIE O'CALLAGHAN

Watch out for the changes and seee what 'associates' of O Cuiv are notified to the returning officer in 2 weeks :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

oneachtain said he was too ill to canvas, not too ill to sit

SpongeBob you are so cynical! as if FF would stoop so low

They already did ...and O Cuiv came up with it .

Val Hanley lost his corpo seat in the last local elections.

Val then ran in the Udarás elections ( there is over a quota if not two in the city) and got onto the Board of the Udarás where he has since resolutely done what he excels at .....which is nothing .

Val Hanley has almost no Irish which may help to explain his inability to participate in Udarás business.

O Cuivs Galway West FF did not care becuase they have very few high profile personalities and they need to keep them in the public eye .

Val then got to be president of the Vintners at the same time , two lots of expenses cheques coming in , wahay !!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

sorry im a bit lost,
    so where does crowe come in is he gonna be another replacement or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

yeah does this mean crowe wont be coming knockin on doors cos i can't wait to see what policy's he wud try to implement for the benefit of the people of bohermore cos he has no ideas for the rest of the city the man is a joke the real life innercity Willie Power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭EJLL

Representatives from Galway worry the hell out of me. Crowe comes across like a right swindler looking to rouse popularity by focusing on petty local topics.

On another note, I was at home for Easter flicking through the local newspapers (City Tribune etc) and saw the Mayor of Galway in practically every picture looking a right mess. Worse again he was pictured in the White House on Paddy's day next to the Obama's. Either he was desparately hungover or under serious sleep depravation. Cringe

Advertisement