Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on Network Providers Websites

• 22-04-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what people think of the networks websites.

o2 have updated theirs again slightly. Still looks like the new version but slight changes. I do like they way they increased the font on the tabs and sub options. o2 know for dodgey website, but has been an improvment the past few months imo.

Vodafone have had their own problems of late with down time. Fair to say not as much as o2 though. Never much change on the vodafone site. Looks the same for a long time. Possibly the worst for finding information on terms and tariffs.

Meteor website seems quite good. Quite basic but seems to work imo. The layout is very simple but easy enough to find what you want. Sometimes lacks a lot detail.k

Three is similar enough to meteor imo. It doesn't contain a huge amount but its easy to find stuff. A lot of the links dont often work correctly, other than that never down, but then again they dont provide webtexts :rolleyes:

Tescos main site is well laid out, grid format makes everything clear. The customer login area is terrible on the eye. No effort put into it at all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Vodafone page- too much info and hard to find
    02- Really liking the new website and impressed it wasnt down for a week for the upgrading, happy I'm joining 02:D
    Meteor-Simple, Precise and to the point.
    Three- Easy to find Info but dont like the My3 Section
    Tesco-Only used it at the launch of the network and didn't think much.

Overall- 02's my favourite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Meteor - good call history, phone finder.

Vodafone - rich functionality (unlock codes). Annoying navigation (eg new or existing PAYG or bill or moving customer prompt)

3 - no webtext - hah ha *points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think design (looks) wise 3 and Meteor are by far the best sites, Meteor has definatly more functionality.

My opinion dosen't matter but google's does, I wonder which URL's it prefers..:rolleyes:

3 Handset
    three.ie/handsets_new/lg-kf311-brown-3pay.htm

Metero Handset
    phones.meteor.ie/phones/sony_ericsson_w595/#/in_all_phones

Vodafone Handset
    vodafone.ie/df/paymonthly/new/index.jsp?handset=300014&action=view&manufacturerSelected=ALL

and OMFG what kind of a URL is this
    o2online.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/O2ProductDisplayView?storeId=10001&langId=-1&enableAddToCartBtn=true&catalogId=10001&phoneId=126004&flowType=S&productId=126004&newFlag=&partNumber=35989800

I'm going to say
    1. Meteor
    2. 3
    3. o2
    4. Vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭brendanuk

O2 - very good webtexts functions, was somewhat unreliable

Meteor - Keeps it simple, never had an issue

Not used the others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I like a mobile providers' website to show clearly where the main categories are, e.g. phones, price plans etc, so with that in mind, I'd choose Meteor as the site I like the most. The others are, in varying degrees, as bad as each other when it comes to layout. With that said, Meteor are by no means way ahead of the pack, I simply find their last site update to have vastly improved my browsing experience.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The vodafone site is extremely slow I find!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm going to say
    1. Meteor
    2. 3
    3. o2
    4. Vodafone

I'm going to print out that post and frame it :D

Advertisement