Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Paparazzi

• 22-04-2009 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I was doing tennis last week in Monaco, and members of the paparazzi just wanted to take millions of images of Prince of Monaco Albert, would you like this job, I'd hate it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It doesn't look too nice, I mean chasing "celebrities" around on the back of a motorbike hoping for a few shots to pay the bills doesn't sound too appealing.

I did see a show where they followed a member of the LA paparazzi around though and he was telling of how the good shots get mega money and afaik if you are connected to one magazine, they fund the equipment. I'm sure it has it's bonuses, since so many are doing it, but I'd imagine it's one of those careers where the top few rake in loads and the rest find it hard to get by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Most of them aren't even photographers. They're mostly ex-bar staff, ex-bouncers, ex-minders, etc. They point and click. I doubt if many would know what an aperture was, or what shutter speed to use. They set it up and just snap away, and let the picture desk worry about the image.

Personally, I'd hate it and wouldn't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I think pauls right, they really dont know what thery're doin... Just point and shoot and get lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have done some work for particular clients that dont want people sticking cameras in their faces but still want shots of them attending their events so it could possibly qualify as paparazzi but didnt involve infringing rights or hassling anybody.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'd hate it as a job. Funnily enough, I, along with several of my friends, were hired to 'act' as papparazi for an opening one night - I much prefer being in control.

• Advertisement
Advertisement