Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why feedback threads all locked

Options
  • 22-04-2009 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Why do so many feedback threads get locked , it's not a helpdesk and they aren't tickets,

why not just leave them to die, sure a couple might be rubbish like in any other forum but there's 9 locked threads on the front page.

Padlocks scream your opinions not wanted here

Padlocks scream GO AWAY

Padlocks do you see them

Padlocks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

In before the lock. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

to prevent lolcat posting at the end... maybe

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MooseJam wrote: »
    Why do so many feedback threads get locked , it's not a helpdesk and they aren't tickets,

why not just leave them to die, sure a couple might be rubbish like in any other forum but there's 9 locked threads on the front page.

Padlocks scream your opinions not wanted here

Padlocks scream GO AWAY

Padlocks do you see them

Padlocks

I don't know where you buy your padlocks but none of mine scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

to prevent lolcat posting at the end... maybe

And (probably,you'll have to ask the smods and admins to be sure) to stop fights escalating. It happens unfortunately. Other than that i guess its the smods judgment call on keeping the peace or whats been sorted.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

AFAIC it's to increase the signal part of the signal:noise ratio.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I just use the fine tuning options on my tv. Works a treat.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I just use the fine tuning options on my tv. Works a treat.
    AlmightyCushion: increasing the noise in the signal:noise ratio since April 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

funny-pictures-squirrel-locked-outside-naked.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Feedback is srs business.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nerin wrote: »
    And (probably,you'll have to ask the smods and admins to be sure) to stop fights escalating. It happens unfortunately. Other than that i guess its the smods judgment call on keeping the peace or whats been sorted.
    Mostly because otherwise in descends into lolcattery and noise - as involved posters feel the need to continue prattling on until they get their way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

too much alcohol... *hiiccup*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

This is exactly the reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement