Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance window wipers at Dennehy's Cross

Options
  • 22-04-2009 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else been bothered by the gang of men who congregate at Dennehy's Cross at rush hour offering to clean your windscreen while the lights are red? They seem to target women drivers in particular, and often actually start washing car windows without the driver's permission.

Also, what do people think of the Evening Echo sellers at the Sarsfield Rd Roundabout? While I'm not condemning it, I personally think it's a bit unscrupulous (and dangerous) of bosses to send their staff to work at such a busy junction. I wonder what Health and Safety laws say about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

What I have done to get the people away from washing windows is spray my own water and put on the wipers. They soon get the picture when they're splashed with water :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    What I have done to get the people away from washing windows is spray my own water and put on the wipers. They soon get the picture when they're splashed with water :p

+1 and then I get them with the headlamp washers when they think they're safe. Muahahahahahaha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Whatever about the health and safety aspect of it all...but I don't see what the problem is here...how about just saying 'no thanks' to the guys!? If they start washing the windows regardless, again just say 'no thanks'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I spent a lot of time cleaning my car. I mean a lot of time. I have a routine that takes about 2.5 hours to go through, and part of that is using glass polish, and nano-windscreen sealer. If these knobs come along with their coke bottle full of washing up liquid and dribble it all over my windscreen, and my paintwork, I have to do it all again, and rewax the paint where their fairy liquid has hit before it starts to eat through the wax and eat into the lacquer in my paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

DJ Hafez wrote: »

I dunno why I never thought of this before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Whatever about the health and safety aspect of it all...but I don't see what the problem is here...how about just saying 'no thanks' to the guys!? If they start washing the windows regardless, again just say 'no thanks'.

Health and Safety?

I think it's worse that what they could be spraying on your windscreen could ultimately lead to it streaking or clouding up resulting in you not being able to see. Illegal work should be punished anyway :P An "no" usually just doesnt work :cool:

Advertisement