Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year visa, avoiding the country work

Options
  • 23-04-2009 5:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

After two months of hunting during which I was working the odd cash in hand job or two, I have found 40 hrs per week set schedule work in a Sydney call centre. Just wondering, but is there any way if I do reasonable there for the employer to ask the gov to just give me a 2nd year without having worked the 3 months in the countryside? While I will make a few trips north eventually a weekend or two is good enough for me, I have everything I need in life in Sydney and have no intention of leaving ever essentially, I definitely need my 2nd year visa (I never came to Sydney with any intention of some backpackery adventure lifestyle, I came to live and work in one of the greatest, relatively cheap cities in the world, end of.). Normally I would just say fcuk it and head north but it was so hard finding work in the first place I dont fancy leaving the job now that I have my foot in the door. While I know you can throw a farmer a few hundred to say you worked for him, surely there is a chance of getting screwed if they check your tax contributions and see that while you were claiming to have worked up north you were paying tax in Sydney.

Help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

No, sorry.
    You need to do it via the country/construction in rural Oz route

and I don't think the mods will look kindly on any illegal advice like paying a farmer off etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Just wondering, but is there any way if I do reasonable there for the employer to ask the gov to just give me a 2nd year without having worked the 3 months in the countryside? While I will make a few trips north eventually a weekend or two is good enough for me, I have everything I need in life in Sydney and have no intention of leaving ever essentially, I definitely need my 2nd year visa (I never came to Sydney with any intention of some backpackery adventure lifestyle, I came to live and work in one of the greatest, relatively cheap cities in the world, end of.).

definitetly cant seem them handing out second years on request - if you want to stay and live then I doubt the WHV is suited to you, what will you do anyway after the second year (if you got it)?...you seem to be threading pretty close to deportation/exclusion territory

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

shane86 wrote: »
    After two months of hunting during which I was working the odd cash in hand job or two, I have found 40 hrs per week set schedule work in a Sydney call centre. Just wondering, but is there any way if I do reasonable there for the employer to ask the gov to just give me a 2nd year without having worked the 3 months in the countryside? While I will make a few trips north eventually a weekend or two is good enough for me, I have everything I need in life in Sydney and have no intention of leaving ever essentially, I definitely need my 2nd year visa (I never came to Sydney with any intention of some backpackery adventure lifestyle, I came to live and work in one of the greatest, relatively cheap cities in the world, end of.). Normally I would just say fcuk it and head north but it was so hard finding work in the first place I dont fancy leaving the job now that I have my foot in the door. While I know you can throw a farmer a few hundred to say you worked for him, surely there is a chance of getting screwed if they check your tax contributions and see that while you were claiming to have worked up north you were paying tax in Sydney.

Help appreciated, thanks.

Don't mean to sound like a pr*ck or anything, but I think you answered your own question there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

hussey wrote: »

and I don't think the mods will look kindly on any illegal advice like paying a farmer off etc

Correct - please read the charter. We don't allow threads on how to get around visa restrictions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement