Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless options for XBMC

• 23-04-2009 9:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi, hope this is the appropiate forum to ask,
    I have recently purchased a second hand original xbox that I intend to install XBMC on.
    My router (linksys WAG200g) is based in the downstairs bedroom and my pc is connected to it via ethernet cable.
    I am going to try to run a cable (via the walls -timberframe house) from the router to the sitting room (where the xbox will be) but I think I might run into difficulties.
    If this wired option does not work I can move the router to the main phone point in the hallway (which happens to be exactly on the opposite side of the wall where the xbox will be. My question is this : If I move the router to the hall and connect the xbox directly to it, and make the connection to the pc wireless (i have a dongle lying around somewhere), will this be good enough for video streaming from the pc to the xbox?
    bear in mind that the router will be no more than 10 meters from the pc and is almost "looking" at it through a door.
    Most of the setups for wireless xbmc streaming have the opposite of what I am suggesting, ie the xbox connected wirelessly to the router and the pc attached by cable.
    any help appriciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

You;re describing my setup, it should work fine. mine has outages now and then, but i think its down to either the distance or the quality of card i'm using in my pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

You;re describing my setup, it should work fine. mine has outages now and then, but i think its down to either the distance or the quality of card i'm using in my pc.

Thanks for that - good to see someone else has tried it.
    I will give it a go and see how it goes.

Advertisement