Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mexico £399 all inclusive

• 23-04-2009 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Those Bargain Alert favourites Marks Travel are at it again with holidays in Mexico from just £399 ex london.

Just checking out Sandos Carocal in Cancun which is £399 for a week at start of May. They are offering dates in June from £499 with June 16 only £419. At this price you could also afford the upgrade to premium seats from £149 return.

They are also offering Thailand for 14 nights from just £589 at Pattaya

www.markstravel.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭steof1984

They also have a resort Gran Carib Real in Cancun for 499 for the 5th ,12th, 19th May. Its a 4 star resort all inclusive . I think for the extra cash its well worth a punt

Im heading over in 12th May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

two thumbs up for Marks travel, a few boardsies might remember my Maldives trip tip from last year (quite a few attended) which went very well, which Mark's offering a top quality customer service experience from start to finish.

can't recommend them enough as a travel agent, communication was top notch and very friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

ooooh no recession round here :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

vibe666 wrote: »
    two thumbs up for Marks travel, a few boardsies might remember my Maldives trip tip from last year (quite a few attended) which went very well, which Mark's offering a top quality customer service experience from start to finish.

can't recommend them enough as a travel agent, communication was top notch and very friendly.

Was it very expensive last year if you dont mind me asking ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Barr wrote: »
    Was it very expensive last year if you dont mind me asking ?

£599 for full board and we had a fecking ball didn't we Vibe666?! :P

Lets head to Cancun and do some diving! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

John mac wrote: »
    ooooh no recession round here :D:D:D:D

sure 3 weeks dole money would cover that. Nice bargain OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Jaysus thats brilliant.
    I wish I could go :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

scout353 wrote: »
    Those Bargain Alert favourites Marks Travel are at it again with holidays in Mexico from just £399 ex london.

Just checking out Sandos Carocal in Cancun which is £399 for a week at start of May. They are offering dates in June from £499 with June 16 only £419. At this price you could also afford the upgrade to premium seats from £149 return.

They are also offering Thailand for 14 nights from just £589 at Pattaya

www.markstravel.co.uk

Aer Lingus doing flights to gatwick for €20 inc taxes and charges on the 16th of june, any idea what time the mexico flight departs at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

What a deal!! I too wish i could go, early May doesn't suit though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thanks OP, hadn't heard of that site before. Will definitely be keeping an eye on it. Haven't made any summer plans yet.

Adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Cancun is great, did an all inclusive a few years back in a smashing resort and have been dreaming of going back ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Aer Lingus doing flights to gatwick for €20 inc taxes and charges on the 16th of june, any idea what time the mexico flight departs at?

A quick search of the Gatwick site suggests for these dates the flights are either 7.45am or 9.15 am.

By the way the prices have gone up to £599 now for Sandos Corocal!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

I figured that might have fueled the good deals.

i wouldn't go on that flight if ye payed me 399pound..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 geronimofinch

Face masks included for the €399?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

60 people in the whole of Mexico die, id say the odds of you catching it are nothing, well worth the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭interlocked

Scout,

Great spot about the £399 deal to Mexico, I was one of the boardies that ended up in the Maldives, thanks to Vibe (i think).

Mark's Travel were great alright, the only downside were Monarch Airlines, absolute ****e, I'd have no hesitation paying £150 extra for an upgrade for that shower.

Pity, Adrian, the rep in the Maldives couldn't be cloned, that guy was absolutely brilliant,

BTW, Hello to Nice1Marko and Tom and their other halves that ended up out there as well,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

In my cynical world I think this is quite underhand of the travel company, taking peoples money without warning them even though they knew the situation.

Quite poor behavior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Helping fuel a global pandemic? I hope not......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Plenty of reports that the actual number of dead will be in the hundreds by months end and could get a hell of a lot worse. I would'nt go on that holiday if you paid me 399.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

The flu is pretty much confined to Mexico city, and if the numbers dying are only in the hundreds, and Mexico City has a population of 21 million, I reckon the chances of you catching it are fairly slim indeed.

I'd certainly be taking advantage of this deal if I wasn't already heading to Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Soarer wrote: »
    The flu is pretty much confined to Mexico city, and if the numbers dying are only in the hundreds, and Mexico City has a population of 21 million, I reckon the chances of you catching it are fairly slim indeed.

I'd certainly be taking advantage of this deal if I wasn't already heading to Barca.

There only the ones dieing theres far more getting it and not dieing its not something to be taking lightly

Think these offers were posted long before this outbreak.

In any event there are far more offers available with them in areas not affected by this swine flu!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Cripes! Deadly Flu, people sick, people dying...has to be worth at least another tenner off the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

How do you explain the Scottish couple who have returned from their honeymoon so? They were in Cancun and have been diagnosed with it- In Scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

golfball37 wrote: »
    How do you explain the Scottish couple who have returned from their honeymoon so? They were in Cancun and have been diagnosed with it- In Scotland.

That's why I said "pretty much confined to Mexico City".
    There's always gonna be one or two that slip through the net.

I just hate all this scare tactic stuff, like what happened with bird flu. We were all gonna die and cockroaches were the only things gonna survive. We were only blessed that we came out of that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

golfball37 wrote: »

They haven't been diagnosed with swine flu, they are being treated for flu-like symptoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I just hate all this scare tactic stuff, like what happened with bird flu. We were all gonna die and cockroaches were the only things gonna survive. We were only blessed that we came out of that one!

Its scare tactics for a reason you idiot! Its not a big conspiracy to keep us from going to Mexico, its to confine a potentially deadly virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

There's always gonna be one or two that slip through the net.

Are ya sure ya don't work for Harney of the HSE?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

jenno86 wrote: »
    Its scare tactics for a reason you idiot! Its not a big conspiracy to keep us from going to Mexico, its to confine a potentially deadly virus.

attack the post not the poster! anyway this is bargain alerts take it over to AH where theres a thread on this.

Back on topic, looks like a great site for hols will be checking it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The EU health commissioner has advised against all non essential travel to areas affected in Mexico and the US.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/28/health/28flu.html?em

If you do get it while out there you'll be stuck there.They're not letting anyone who has it on a plane. I don't think you want to be dealing with the Mexican healthcare system in a time of crisis if you find yourself seriously ill.

Flights to Cancun from UK have been cancelled so I guess it's a trip to the other side of the world instead!

In fairness to Mark's Travel they have removed Mexico from their deals and are advising accordingly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

This non-essential travel thing is BS. Why don't they block all leisure and business travel for example so the f'in companies will give us back our money.
    If you are after spending 4k on a holiday there then you are not going to say fine that non essential. Ban holiday travel if its a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

chilly wrote: »
    The EU health commissioner has advised against all non essential travel to areas affected in Mexico and the US.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/28/health/28flu.html?em

If you do get it while out there you'll be stuck there.They're not letting anyone who has it on a plane. I don't think you want to be dealing with the Mexican healthcare system in a time of crisis if you find yourself seriously ill.

Are you for real???? I'd take my chances with the Mexican health service after a few encounters with what passes for a health care system in this country. The only thing the HSE are good at is taking your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Are you for real???? I'd take my chances with the Mexican health service after a few encounters with what passes for a health care system in this country. The only thing the HSE are good at is taking your money.

Um,yes I'm for real.Mexico is classed as a developing country.It has a large divide between rich and poor and that's reflected in the healthcare system. Depending on where in the country you are or whether you're in the public or private system your access to drugs etc can vary.

Worth noting for anyone thinking of going to Mexico (or anywhere else affected by this flu?)that you should check with your travel insurance company as to whether you're covered for treatment relating to this illness. Some are not covering it on policies bought before April 24th as it is now a "forseen/foreseeable" event. According to rte radio 1 today it varies depending upon insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

All you have to do with the above is remove the word Mexico and replace it with Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

fitze69 wrote: »
    All you have to do with the above is remove the word Mexico and replace it with Ireland.

:D:D:D:D LMFAO

I was once involved in emergency planning for this country in the event of a major national emergency e.g. flu pandemic, and I can tell you that our health care system would be swamped in no time whatsoever. We have a stockpile of anviral drugs but they would be allocated to priority individuals in the health system, emergency services etc and there would be damn all left for Joe Public. The government would be reluctant to close schools as that would mean parents (incl. police, bus/train drivers, nurses, doctors etc) not going to work and thus the economy would suffer - I kid you not. They were more concerned about the impact on the economy than whether it would be a good idea to keep kids at home to stop the spread of flu in classrooms.

Advertisement