Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fraud advice on SW forum...why?

Options
  • 23-04-2009 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

I am really confused. I cannot advise anyone to break the law in any other forum but there appears to be a culture of acceptance in the SW forum. An example here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055502092

I have asked many times on the forum why this is tolerated and accepted but I got no replies, I even posted a thread for the mods attention.....but no reply.

So can I get my answer here please?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Can you link me to the exact comment you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Well check out replies 18, 20, 21, 22, 23.

Its not the only post promoting fraud on the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It shouldn't be. That's the bottom line.

Did you report any of these posts?

Wouldnt I be reporting them to the mods that are clearly accepting the practice.
    Please dont think that Im ragging at mods, this is why I posted the thread on SW asking where the mods are, to date none have responded.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055543514

axel rose wrote: »
    Wouldnt I be reporting them to the mods that are clearly accepting the practice.

Mods do not have the time to read every single comment on this site.
    We rely on reported posts from people who use the forums and help us out, for the good of that forum and for the good of the site.

I will drop the Mods of that forum a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Posting on-thread often won't work as the mods may not see it. A reported post is visible not only to the mod of the forum but also to all mods across the site. This isn't intentional, it's a little bit of a bug, but we've found in the past that it works very well in ensuring that mods are transparent in how they act - many mods will read reported posts from other forums and make comments on it. So you can't just ignore something blatant, which has been reported.

If this is something that a moderator is turning a blind eye to, then reporting the post will mean that they will be required to justify their actions to the other mods.

34 minutes later and I get a speedy response from Captain Obvious via PM.

axel
    Next time you see a problem, either report the post or drop a PM to the Mod of the forum.
    It's your first port of call before Help Desk.
    Thanks.
    B

Grand so. I guess I assumed that the mods were reading each new thread. I know what to do now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

axel rose wrote: »
    Grand so. I guess I assumed that the mods were reading each new thread.
    I wish I had the time :)

Damn! I thought all you mods were mole like creatures dedicated to the 'craft'......the illusion is destroyed :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement