Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Help on Importing Dog from Russia

Options
  • 23-04-2009 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi.

Can anyone help I am in the process of importing two dogs from Russia through the pet passport now I have done this already from Lithuania no problem. The dogs from Russia a due to fly on Monday and the A*****hole in Dept of Agri is causing us no end of trouble we THOUGHT we had all the official paperwork but he seems to be taking this one personally and keeps changing the goal posts has anyone out there successfully brought in dogs from Russia LEGALLY through Dept of Agri and if so can you help. Very stressed Cleveland :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

I haven't imported any animals from Russia, but as far as I'm aware the requirements are the same as from France (where I recently imported my cats and ferrets from). You need the animal to be microchipped (a certain standard of microchip), up to date vaccines (incl. Rabies), a blood test from an approved lab (results at least equal to 0.5 IU/ml), then a 6 month wait. You also need a tick/tapeworm treatment applied by an approved vet more than 24 hours and less than 48 hours before travel.

Russia is one of the approved countries for the the scheme, but the animal MUST have been only in an approved country for the last 6 months.

Note that not all vets are permitted to fill in pet passports, it does have to be an approved vet, and an approved lab doing the blood test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hello Cleveland

Thanks Moondancer for the reply the breeder in Russia and ourselves had done all the necessary paperwork and vacs as this isn't the first time we have applied for pet passports. The reason for the panic was unfortunately for us we were dealing with a particularly nasty individual in Dept of Agri who seemed to take our request for prior approval personal and to make life as difficult for us as possible finally last night our prior approval came through and our paperwork that we had submitted in March was correct he had just decided to be a bit of an a******wipe about it. But hopefully we should have our two new Russkiy Toy Terriers with us on Wednesday. With no thanks to this individual who gave us a very stressful week. thanks again for answering so quickly though

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

Glad you got it sorted :)

Advertisement