Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A job vacancy!! We are in fu**ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭TomRooney

Dudess wrote: »
    Eh... no? Please show me where I made any mention of "overnight".
    What I was referring to is when a black/Asian person is BORN in Ireland and lives there all their life - that person is Irish.

I must have misunderstood your point, I would accept anybody who was born and reared in Ireland, would be african Irish or asian Irish and so on, but i would not consider them Irish per say, there is a distinction, and there is no need to presume i mean the distinction denotes a positive or negative connotation, just a recognition of reality.
    Except it's not an attempt to be "PC". And you're wrong. Try telling a black person whose grandparents moved to London from the West Indies in the 50s that (s)he is not English.

in my experiance people who are of african origin in the UK consider themselves to be african british and so on in rocognition of there ancestry and cultural origin it is misleading to state all immigrants to britain over the last 50 years have assimilated or even want to assimilate, this is not the reality as i have witnessed first hand.

Didn't I say it's reasonable to be concerned about the amount of people being let into this country considering the ailing economy?
    I suppose ignoring it though means you get to call me "PC"... ;)

I missed that bit, at least you recognise that the issueing of 300 new pps numbers daily to Foreign nationals is a Problem for Irish workers. there is hope after all.

You and Kev_ps3 are awesome the way you moan about the English being such bastards to the Irish (to the point of being fanatical republicans about it) yet you ain't exactly too keen on Irish hospitality being shown to immigrants here..

what does a fanatical Republican look like do they have frought coming from there mouth...?:rolleyes:

I fail to see any connection between the british who colonised Ireland through use of War, Rape, Famine, Pillage, Genocide, Cultural Genocide.

and the blatant abuse of Lax irish immigration law.. by Foreign Immigrants to the shores of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

TomRooney wrote: »
    i beg to differ it is in fact you who is portraying a moronic leaning.
    as for your black friend he may consider himself african irish, but he is not Irish.
    How is crushproof displaying a moronic leaning? Because (s)he disagrees with you? And that black guy is Irish - your opinion that he isn't doesn't change that fact. He's Irish. His passport will say so.
    i doubt that, just look at the Irish people all over the world, they all consider themselves Irish, you wont hear an Irish man in the USA saying he is American, he will say I am Irish or at the very least Irish american.
    Oh you know all the people of Irish ancestry all over the world do you? Kudos. And again, you know that Irish Americans... are American.
    well Lets discuss facts, Like the fact the Australian government have a Law that states an employer must employ an australian citizen in preference to any immigrant worker.

so it is Highly unlikely there are many Aussies on the dole due to Irish workers
    And if the Australian government had a similar system to the one here, you can be sure some Irish people would abuse it.
    No, it is more of a Display of Facts, those being that over 90% of new jobs created in Ireland go to Foreign nationals.
    Source?
    ah yeah, typical small minded stifle debate trick from a person who can not tolerate facts.
    Actually no, your vomit here is very worthy of Stormfront.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

oh how the tables have turned,those who smirked and scoffed at the min wage worker saying oh i not gonna do that i have too much big degree to do that job,funny during the boom alot of immigrants that where serveing us in shops/pubs/restaurants where in the same position well qualfied but did not kick up a fuss or gave out about people taking their jobs,they where happy to do the work,now i dont hear much irish whingeing about outsiders taking the jobs that we woundnt want to be seen doing during the boom

I would accept anybody who was born and reared in Ireland, would be african Irish or asian Irish and so on, but i would not consider them Irish per say
    Well tough sh1t if YOU personally don't consider them Irish "per se" - they are Irish.
    in my experiance people who are of african origin in the UK consider themselves to be african british and so on in rocognition of there ancestry and cultural origin
    "In my experience" etc - that's wonderful but your experience doesn't define how things are. British people of African origin... are still British. The group of black Britons you met are not representative of all black Britons. You're making very poorly supported statements backed spuriously by being your opinion or in your experience.
    it is misleading to state all immigrants to britain over the last 50 years have assimilated or even want to assimilate, this is not the reality as i have witnessed first hand.
    Never said a THING about them assimilating or wanting to.
    what does a fanatical Republican look like do they have frought coming from there mouth...?:rolleyes:
    May as well, judging by the sheer basketcasery of some of the stuff they say.
    I fail to see any connection between the british who colonised Ireland through use of War, Rape, Famine, Pillage, Genocide, Cultural Genocide.

and the blatant abuse of Lax irish immigration law.. by Foreign Immigrants to the shores of Ireland.
    Let me break it down for you again: you moan about what ***** the British are to the Irish... yet here you are saying hideous stuff about foreign people who have come to Ireland. Some animals are more equal than others eh...? ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

jobs filled :o

i got a job!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What an absolutely IDIOTIC statement.

North America, is a mongrel country it was founded by colonisers, and inhabited by colonisers.
    to claim the situation with Irish americans who largly emigrated to the US over 100 years ago and modern day immigrants to Ireland are in any way similar is plain stupidity.

also it would be much better for Ireland if there Diaspora returned to Ireland. instead of the riff raff that has been pouring into Ireland for the last 10 years, the dreggs of europe is mostly what we recieved, they are niether beneficial or needed.

:eek:
    ah yeah, typical small minded stifle debate trick from a person who can not tolerate facts.

Make believe facts? You know how many foreigners we have here that we need? Quite a lot more than those that are a strain on our economy.
    you seem to be mistaken, i Never said there should be no immigration, my point is that Mass Immigration is not sustainable in Ireland, and further more it is putting Irish people out of work.

I have no Problem with immigrants being allowed in per need, through a sustainable and controlled immigration policy, but open flood gates style mass immigration is never beneficial.

It's called the EU... Get used to it.

just some info on Immigration make of it what you will.

Emigration is up; unemployment is up; and still 230 migrants enter the country every day.
    Writing in the Irish Independent August 20 David McWilliams says:
    "The political implications of a return of Irish emigration, coupled with net immigration into the country are again straightforward. People will get angry if 'our own' are forced to live in Queens or Camden while the country plays host to all sorts of foreigners. This is not a racist comment; it’s a political reality."

IRELAND WILL continue to receive a significant number of migrants despite the downturn in the economy and a rise in emigration, Minister for Integration Conor Lenihan told the Parnell Summer School in Avondale, Co Wicklow, yesterday.
    Though PPS numbers allocated to migrants were down 40 per cent for the first six months of this year, "the flow continues inwards and 90 per cent of new jobs created in the economy have gone to migrants", the Minister said.
    This would continue, as would emigration, in a twofold process that was also a feature of other EU countries. He noted, for instance, that between 600,000 and 700,000 people left the UK annually. He also said that, while it was proposed that proficiency in English be mandatory for success in migrants securing Irish citizenship or permanent residency, he believed this should also be a requirement for success in their securing a work permit.
    Mr Lenihan said "inward migration will be a permanent feature of Irish society over the next 30 to 40 years". He noted that 12 per cent of children in Irish primary schools were the children of migrants or foreign-born parents, while the figure for post-primary schools was 7 per cent and growing.
    Link

THE State is spending around €150m a year hosting a "United Nations" of nationalities in rented properties, according to new figures.
    People from 161 different countries, ranging from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, are in receipt of the free rental allowance.
    They account for 39pc of the 63,000 people on the means-tested scheme, which costs a total of €390m annually and is generally open only to those who are unemployed.
    Although 61pc of people on the scheme are Irish, the numbers of immigrants on rent allowance has been increasing steadily.
    There are more than 3,000 from Nigeria, 3,000 from the UK, 1,950 from Poland and 1,130 from Romania. Small countries like the Bahamas, Chile, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Grenada and Honduras have just one citizen each on the scheme.
    Those also claiming rent supplement include 15 people from Cuba, 22 from Burma, 27 from Chechnya, 29 from Uzbekistan, 49 from Eritrea, 130 from Zimbabwe and 132 from Estonia.
    LINK

OFFICIAL FIGURES indicate that the bulk of those claiming asylum status in the Republic in the past 12 months came here from Britain and arrived across the Border with Northern Ireland.
    According to figures supplied by Minister for Justice Brian Lenihan, in response to a parliamentary question from Labour Justice spokesman Pat Rabbitte, more than 90 per cent of asylum seekers were already in this State when they first applied for asylum.
    The figures show that 3,844 people sought asylum in the Republic in the 12 months to the end of March. Of that number, 3,248 made their first application for asylum at the Office of the Refugee Applications Commissioner on Mount Street in Dublin, and not at their point of entry into the State.
    Of this number, only 12 sought asylum at ports, and 304 made their application at airports. A further 244 sought asylum from prison after they were jailed for committing an offence in this State.
    In the past 12 months, 3,406 asylum applications made in the first instance were refused, while 388 were granted.
    In the same period, the Refugee Appeals Tribunal, which hears appeals from the Office of the Refugee Applications Commissioner, received 2,571 appeals. Of these, 1,568 appeals were refused, 225 were granted, and the others are still pending.
    A significant number of asylum seekers made judicial review applications to the courts challenging the decisions of both the Office of the Refugee Applications Commissioner and the Refugee Appeals Tribunal.
    A Department of Justice spokesman pointed out that 468 of the applications for asylum made here came from people who had already applied for refugee status in another EU country.
    Source: The Irish Times

'False claims by foreign nationals focus on survey'
    The Irish Times 13/03/08
    Foreign nationals are over eight times more likely to attempt fraudulent child benefit claims than Irish-born parents, according to an investigation by the Department of Social and Family Affairs.
    Under the random survey, which began in 2004, 500 files of claims from Irish-born parents were compared with 500 from foreign-born parents, the department told the Irish Times yesterday.
    In a Dáil reply this week, Minister Martin Cullen said 1.7 per cent of Irish nationals’ cases were found to be fraudulent “compared to 13.9 per cent in the case of 500 non-Irish nationals surveyed, giving an overall level of fraud of 2.3 per cent”.

The probe was conducted according to rules laid by Comptroller and Auditor General John Purcell to ensure it was “sufficiently large to yield reasonably reliable estimates”, and all cases selected were fully investigated. Under EU law, employees from any member state can claim child benefit in another member state they are working in, even if their children are in their home state.
    Last month, it emerged the Department of Social and Family Affairs had late last year ordered non-Irish nationals living here and claiming child benefit for children living abroad to certify every three months that they are still employed in the state.

Foreign nationals receiving child benefit for children resident here will be required to certify twice a year that they and their children continue to reside here, and provide information about the schools and crèches attended. An investigation was carried out by department inspectors in Co Waterford last year into reports that some Polish nationals were flying in and out of the country in order to claim welfare benefits.
    Social welfare officials estimate the cost to the state of paying EU nationals child benefit and the €1.100-a-year childcare supplement for non-resident children will be up to €140 million in 2008.
    © 2008 ireland.com
    LINK

Make believe facts? You know how many foreigners we have here that we need? Quite a lot more than those that are a strain on our economy.

which facts are make believe...?

show some proof that there are more foreigners in Ireland that we need in comparison to those reciving the dole, i mean other than your opinion i want facts, your opinion doesnt prove anything.

It's called the EU... Get used to it.

if this is the result of EU membership we wshould leave it.
    we couldnt be possibly any worse off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

First of all, as has been pointed out ad nauseum, the majority of the people in that queue are not Irish.

Secondly, this same thing happened almost a year ago, with a Londis in Grafton Street if I recall correctly. Think about it - if Londis had advertised the posts on jobs.ie they would have got well over 400 CVs for the 100 odd jobs going and nobody would have considered this strange - four applicants per job, hardly amazing. But it's a lot more visible when you have them line up on Stephen's Green isn't it?

But instead, Londis take the media-whoring step of having a bunch of desperate immigrants (for the most part) line up for 'open interviews' along one of Ireland's busiest thorofares, thus giving the recession vultures a chance to cackle with glee about how fcuked we all really are, despite the fact that most people on this thread rabbiting on about how this is a symbol of recessionary Ireland are going to get up and head to their jobs tomorrow morning.

show some proof that there are more foreigners in Ireland that we need in comparison to those reciving the dole, i mean other than your opinion i want facts, your opinion doesnt prove anything
    LOL... The irony (and neck) of you uttering those words... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭crushproof

crushproof wrote: »

i beg to differ it is in fact you who is portraying a moronic leaning.
    as for your black friend he may consider himself african irish, but he is not Irish.

i doubt that, just look at the Irish people all over the world, they all consider themselves Irish, you wont hear an Irish man in the USA saying he is American, he will say I am Irish or at the very least Irish american.

i suggest you adopt your own advice.

well Lets discuss facts, Like the fact the Australian government have a Law that states an employer must employ an australian citizen in preference to any immigrant worker.

so it is Highly unlikely there are many Aussies on the dole due to Irish workers, you seem to be blissfully ignorant of reality and facts.

i think you have clearly demonstrated you are in fact the Moron.

No, it is more of a Display of Facts, those being that over 90% of new jobs created in Ireland go to Foreign nationals.

Ugh, I'm not even going to attempt to argue, cannot be arsed trying enstill a bit of sense into people like yourself.
    Dudess, I suggest you do the same, nothing is gonna change his one dimensional outlook.
    Good night and cheers to multiculturism.

Oh and despite my attitude towards TomRooney kudos to whoever made the curry joke earlier :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Emigration is up; unemployment is up; and still 230 migrants enter the country every day.
    "The political implications of a return of Irish emigration, coupled with net immigration into the country are again straightforward. People will get angry if 'our own' are forced to live in Queens or Camden while the country plays host to all sorts of foreigners. This is not a racist comment; it’s a political reality."

IRELAND WILL continue to receive a significant number of migrants despite the downturn in the economy and a rise in emigration, Minister for Integration Conor Lenihan told the Parnell Summer School in Avondale, Co Wicklow, yesterday.
    Though PPS numbers allocated to migrants were down 40 per cent for the first six months of this year, "the flow continues inwards and 90 per cent of new jobs created in the economy have gone to migrants", the Minister said.
    This would continue, as would emigration, in a twofold process that was also a feature of other EU countries. He noted, for instance, that between 600,000 and 700,000 people left the UK annually. He also said that, while it was proposed that proficiency in English be mandatory for success in migrants securing Irish citizenship or permanent residency, he believed this should also be a requirement for success in their securing a work permit.
    Mr Lenihan said "inward migration will be a permanent feature of Irish society over the next 30 to 40 years". He noted that 12 per cent of children in Irish primary schools were the children of migrants or foreign-born parents, while the figure for post-primary schools was 7 per cent and growing.
    Link

THE State is spending around €150m a year hosting a "United Nations" of nationalities in rented properties, according to new figures.
    People from 161 different countries, ranging from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, are in receipt of the free rental allowance.
    They account for 39pc of the 63,000 people on the means-tested scheme, which costs a total of €390m annually and is generally open only to those who are unemployed.
    Although 61pc of people on the scheme are Irish, the numbers of immigrants on rent allowance has been increasing steadily.
    There are more than 3,000 from Nigeria, 3,000 from the UK, 1,950 from Poland and 1,130 from Romania. Small countries like the Bahamas, Chile, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Grenada and Honduras have just one citizen each on the scheme.
    Those also claiming rent supplement include 15 people from Cuba, 22 from Burma, 27 from Chechnya, 29 from Uzbekistan, 49 from Eritrea, 130 from Zimbabwe and 132 from Estonia.
    LINK

OFFICIAL FIGURES indicate that the bulk of those claiming asylum status in the Republic in the past 12 months came here from Britain and arrived across the Border with Northern Ireland.
    According to figures supplied by Minister for Justice Brian Lenihan, in response to a parliamentary question from Labour Justice spokesman Pat Rabbitte, more than 90 per cent of asylum seekers were already in this State when they first applied for asylum.
    The figures show that 3,844 people sought asylum in the Republic in the 12 months to the end of March. Of that number, 3,248 made their first application for asylum at the Office of the Refugee Applications Commissioner on Mount Street in Dublin, and not at their point of entry into the State.
    Of this number, only 12 sought asylum at ports, and 304 made their application at airports. A further 244 sought asylum from prison after they were jailed for committing an offence in this State.
    In the past 12 months, 3,406 asylum applications made in the first instance were refused, while 388 were granted.
    In the same period, the Refugee Appeals Tribunal, which hears appeals from the Office of the Refugee Applications Commissioner, received 2,571 appeals. Of these, 1,568 appeals were refused, 225 were granted, and the others are still pending.
    A significant number of asylum seekers made judicial review applications to the courts challenging the decisions of both the Office of the Refugee Applications Commissioner and the Refugee Appeals Tribunal.
    A Department of Justice spokesman pointed out that 468 of the applications for asylum made here came from people who had already applied for refugee status in another EU country.

The Irish Times 13/03/08
    Foreign nationals are over eight times more likely to attempt fraudulent child benefit claims than Irish-born parents, according to an investigation by the Department of Social and Family Affairs.
    Under the random survey, which began in 2004, 500 files of claims from Irish-born parents were compared with 500 from foreign-born parents, the department told the Irish Times yesterday.
    In a Dáil reply this week, Minister Martin Cullen said 1.7 per cent of Irish nationals’ cases were found to be fraudulent “compared to 13.9 per cent in the case of 500 non-Irish nationals surveyed, giving an overall level of fraud of 2.3 per cent”.

The probe was conducted according to rules laid by Comptroller and Auditor General John Purcell to ensure it was “sufficiently large to yield reasonably reliable estimates”, and all cases selected were fully investigated. Under EU law, employees from any member state can claim child benefit in another member state they are working in, even if their children are in their home state.
    Last month, it emerged the Department of Social and Family Affairs had late last year ordered non-Irish nationals living here and claiming child benefit for children living abroad to certify every three months that they are still employed in the state.

Foreign nationals receiving child benefit for children resident here will be required to certify twice a year that they and their children continue to reside here, and provide information about the schools and crèches attended. An investigation was carried out by department inspectors in Co Waterford last year into reports that some Polish nationals were flying in and out of the country in order to claim welfare benefits.
    Social welfare officials estimate the cost to the state of paying EU nationals child benefit and the €1.100-a-year childcare supplement for non-resident children will be up to €140 million in 2008.
    © 2008 ireland.com
    LINK

Seriously, would you ever just fcuk off?

Well tough sh1t if YOU personally don't consider them Irish "per se" - they are Irish.

that is nothing, but your opinion.

"
    In my experience" etc - that's wonderful but your experience doesn't define how things are. British people of African origin... are still British. The group of black Britons you met are not representative of all black Britons. You're making very poorly supported statements backed spuriously by being your opinion or in your experience.

well i will value my Experiance over your Lack of Experiance if you dont mind.
    Never said a THING about them assimilating or wanting to.

oh realy so you dont see assimilation as being neseccery to becoming Irish, you believe segregated isolated communities of foreigners in Ireland are Irish merely because they were born in Ireland...?
    May as well, judging by the sheer basketcasery of some of the stuff they say.

rubbish
    Let me break it down for you again: you moan about what ***** the British are to the Irish... yet here you are saying hideous stuff about foreign people who have come to Ireland. Some animals are more equal than others eh...?

Let me break it down for you, There is ZERO similarity between the british occupation of Ireland through use of force.

and the objection of Irish people to mass immigration, there are absolutely no similarities you are talking complete rubbish and it is clear for anyone with a brain to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I must have misunderstood your point, I would accept anybody who was born and reared in Ireland, would be african Irish or asian Irish and so on, but i would not consider them Irish per say, there is a distinction, and there is no need to presume i mean the distinction denotes a positive or negative connotation, just a recognition of reality.

While some might be tempted to agree with the quite obvious fact that there seemed to be a highly proportionate amount of "foreign" looking people in that queue for the jobs (and that is clearly a fact) - using or twisting that to your own benefit to further whatever racist views you seem to have is wrong.
    Londis should've advertised it properly and via job centre's, online and so forth. Not via just a simlple sign up in a window.
    They all looked mostly like students in that video and also of the same general nationality (Bangladesh/India) so I would guess that word of the job itself spread through their own student community, word of mouth, friends and so forth - hence the rather large proportion of that community seemed to be represented in the queue.

Do please tell how you would class someone as being Irish though, (or not as the case may be) ?
    Given we ourselves (Irish people) are colonists on our own Island (albeit mostly peacefully through history) whether it be via Greece, Middle East, North Africa, Nordic or other European countries, whatever...

To be perfectly honest, I'd consider myself a Dubliner first and foremost, over and above being Irish - proud of it too, as are my two kids and my partner, who was born and raised in Ireland and speaks fluent Irish - yet her Mother is originally from the Phillipines. Would you not consider her Irish ? Or my kids ?
    I'm Irish yet I can't even speak my own language and I generally hate the GAA. My two kids (6 & 7) are already fluent in Irish, play GAA (camogie, Hurling, football), have Irish passports, look Irish, generally of a white complexion (not that it matters) ?

Who are YOU to decide who is and isn't Irish hmm ? What gives YOU that right to do so ?

Being Irish has nothing to do with a persons ethnic background nor the colour of their skin.

Ugh, I'm not even going to attempt to argue, cannot be arsed trying enstill a bit of sense into people like yourself.
    Dudess, I suggest you do the same, nothing is gonna change his one dimensional outlook.
    Oh I know... but it's fun to highlight the idiocy and hypocrisy of what he's posting. :pac:

Good night and cheers to multiculturism.

Oh and despite my attitude towards TomRooney kudos to whoever made the curry joke earlier :pac:

yeah yeah, when you cant back up your "argument" run away with your tail between your legs.

ps Multi culturalism is a recognised FAILURE, not surprising you support it.
    just look at Netherlands, Denmark, Britain, France, Germany and see what multiculturalism has done...nothing but cultural clashes and victim mentality.

that is nothing, but your opinion.
    No, it is a fact. You're the one who is using your opinion as a basis for fact.
    well i will value my Experiance over your Lack of Experiance if you dont mind.
    Oh I'm sorry... do you know me or anything about me?
    oh realy so you dont see assimilation as being neseccery to becoming Irish, you believe segregated isolated communities of foreigners in Ireland are Irish merely because they were born in Ireland...?
    Yep, because their passports say so. So it is a fact that they are Irish.
    Let me break it down for you, There is ZERO similarity between the british occupation of Ireland through use of force.

and the objection of Irish people to mass immigration, there are absolutely no similarities you are talking complete rubbish and it is clear for anyone with a brain to see that.
    Again, you keep deliberatley missing my point: it's ok to spew hate about one group of people (certain English people) looking down on the Irish, but it's fine for another group (Irish people) to look down on immigrants who come in to Ireland.
    yeah yeah, when you cant back up your "argument" run away with your tail between your legs.
    How has (s)he not backed up his/her argument?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

crushproof and TomRooney banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

China for the chinese, japan for the japanese, africa for the africans,,,
    Japanese are some of the most racist people on earth.......

Multi culturalism is bollocks and it doesnt work.

• Advertisement

Yep, because their passports say so. So it is a fact that they are Irish.
    A passport and your instantly irish thats brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

That's kinda how citizenship works!:pac:

Doesn't hold much weight anymore now does it.They're not irish they only have a passport saying they're "irish". Hi im kerpal from banglapoor i'm irish..
    No your not....

Oh it actually does hold weight (what's the "anymore" about?) "They're not irish they only have a passport saying they're "irish"" - that actually would make them Irish. They may not be Irish in your opinion but your opinion isn't fact.
    Er... yes. If you weren't considered Irish by the authorities you wouldn't get that passport. Just because you and TomRooney don't WANT people of non Irish heritage who were born here to be considered Irish, doesn't mean they're not Irish. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Steve.Pseudonym

I'd put forward that the question isn't really about being Irish or anything like that, it's just about competition. If there are fewer jobs with a great number of people competing for them, then it's in your best interest to be in a favoured group, in this case being Irish. The more exclusive that group is, while still including you, the better. What holds the group together could theoretically be anything, I'm sure people would exclude others with the wrong coloured hair or eyes if they could find a justification for it. But that isn't because they hate people with those characteristics, it's because they're trying to compete in a more challenging environment. Decrease competition and this effect goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Doesn't hold much weight anymore now does it.They're not irish they only have a passport saying they're "irish". Hi im kerpal from banglapoor i'm irish..
    No your not....

Well, legally, Kerpal would be Irish actually.

Just like several of my friends have lived here for years, are Irish citizens, have Irish passports...they're Irish.

Maybe you'd rather people from ''Banglapoor'' couldn't call themselves Irish, but I'm afraid that's just how it is.:D

• Advertisement

China for the chinese, japan for the japanese, africa for the africans,,,
    Japanese are some of the most racist people on earth
    Ireland for the Irish... oh wait. I've just remembered the countless Irish who emigrated over the period of a century and a half...

Oh it actually does hold weight (what's the "anymore" about?) "They're not irish they only have a passport saying they're "irish"" - that actually would make them Irish. They may not be Irish in your opinion but your opinion isn't fact.

Er... yes. If you weren't considered Irish by the authorities you wouldn't get that passport. Just because you and TomRooney don't WANT people of non Irish heritage who were born here to be considered Irish, doesn't mean they're not Irish. ;)
    You know as well as I do they're not irish. They're as irish as a bloody taco.
    In other countries you have to actually learn about your host country before you become a citizen.
    My girlfriend and I are both Chinese citizens. We have been working in Ireland since early 2003 under the working visa scheme, and we had a baby boy late in 2006. Is the baby entitled to Irish citizenship?

Yes. As you have been legally resident in Ireland for three of the four years prior to the birth of your child, you will be considered to have had a genuine link to Ireland, and the baby will be entitled to Irish citizenship.

Irish citizenship doesn't mean they're irish in the normal sense of the word. And well you know it too. I think anyone who wants to become a citizen should learn our culture and our history, and take certain tests ie, aids.

Ireland for the Irish... oh wait. I've just remembered the countless Irish who emigrated over the period of a century and a half...

Yes and we were treated like bloody animals.Oh and it wasn't an emigration.. It was forced.
    You make it sound like we flew like bubbles into the wind nice and happy to other far off countires cheering and singing with joy..... Your having a laugh,

"Forced"? Like slavery? Even in the 80s? You do talk some shyte.

And yet another example of a person who objects to Irish people being treated badly abroad, yet has no problem behaving similarly towards people who come to live and work in Ireland.

I think anyone who wants to become a citizen should learn our culture and our history, and take certain tests ie, aids.

Stop trolling.

• Advertisement

century and a half... is not 10 years.
    And yet another example of a person who objects to Irish people being treated badly abroad, yet has no problem behaving similarly towards people who come to live and work in Ireland.
    If you haven't noticed times have changed and we have plenty of rational people and fair and just laws. These things don't happen anymore.
    I don't think you understand basic irish history.
    I better stop the police have come........

A century and a half refers to the Famine period (1840s) up to the 1990s. Where did you get 10 years from?

"These things" - i.e. abuse of immigrants - do happen, as demonstrated on this thread. Oh I do understand basic Irish history.
    You make it sound like we flew like bubbles into the wind nice and happy to other far off countires cheering and singing with joy..... Your having a laugh,
    Yes, sure I do. By simply saying we emigrated - nothing else.

So anyhoo, what is the difference between the Irish who emigrated and the immigrants who come here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

A century and a half refers to the Famine period (1840s) up to the 1990s. Where did you get 10 years from?

"These things" - i.e. abuse of immigrants - do happen, as demonstrated on this thread. Oh I do understand basic Irish history.

Yes, sure I do. By simply saying we emigrated - nothing else.

So anyhoo, what is the difference between the Irish who emigrated and the immigrants who come here?
    You called 150 years 1980;s

The famine wasn't a famine at all......It was a genocide.Ierland before the famine had the best nutrition of any country in europe.We were one of the richest countries in the world.......We also today would have had a bigger population than england has today....

Say what you like but it wasn't emigration.........
    Goodnight and godbless.# You to kerpal ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

hmm, interesting that blackgold continued on TomRooney's views after he was banned.....just sniffs of multi account is all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The famine wasn't a famine at all......It was a genocide.Ierland before the famine had the best nutrition of any country in europe.We were one of the richest countries in the world.......We also today would have had a bigger population than england has today....

Yeah, if we had stayed part of the Union and allowed in people from other countries in the commonwealth. Don't think you would've liked that somehow.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

I started a thread on this topic yesterday but one of the left wing idiot mods locked it because i questioned why there were so many no e.u nationals in that lineup, a message to the mods on this form, you cant stop people having free speech and everybody today was talking about the amount of non nationals on that lineup and all were saying the exact same thing Irish jobs for Irish people.

trailerparkboy's right to free speech revoked for calling other posters/mods idiots.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I started a thread on this topic yesterday but one of the left wing idiot mods locked it because i questioned why there were so many no e.u nationals in that lineup, a message to the mods on this form, you cant stop people having free speech and everybody today was talking about the amount of non nationals on that lineup and all were saying the exact same thing Irish jobs for Irish people.

That mod locked this thread too simply because it could lead down a bad road and be more hassle then it's worth. He then consulted with the other mods and we decided it would be no harm to re-open one of them as long as we kept an eye on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

Could be Irish, despite having dark skin.

dudess, stop talking nonsense.
    99% of the people in that queue with dark skin are not irish, and you know it.

I'd say the majority are non-EU students or non-EU unemployed. Neither of which have the luxury of signing on when things go bad.
    proper order

do you realy think it is justified that the government give out around 300 pps numbers to Foreigners every day since jan this year...?

i am shocked at this, an absolute disgrace.
    when will we cop on ?
    we need to stop allowing so many of them in, why cant people see that ?
    why try to defend them and make excuses for them ?
    we dont need them. we have enough people already here who need jobs, we dont need any more coming in.
    close the floodgates please
    when a black/Asian person is BORN in Ireland and lives there all their life - that person is Irish.
    like i said earlier 99% of black or asian people in that queue were not born in this country. there was almost none of them here 15 or 20 years ago.

we should follow australias lead on that one.
    again , disgraceful that 90% of new jobs in this country go to people who were not born in this country.
    just think about it for a minute, how ridiculous is that ?
    we create jobs here in ireland , give the jobs to migrants, and then the irish have to go on the dole or leave ireland.
    unbelievable stuff, and the worst part is that so many people on here are defending this system

I agree that tougher conditions are needed, but you should not have the view that all immigrants are using us

ireland has been used and abuse by these migrants.
    we keep hearing how we needed them so much and it was as if they were doing us a big favour by coming here. bull.
    cop on.
    they got the best of the deal that is for sure.
    cherry picking their way across europe until they found a soft touch like ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭SouthKerry

#1 trailerparkboy
    blue_star_2.gif

Adverts | Friends

This is what trailerparkboy wrote yesterday at 21.39 on page five now of after hours: but hes thread was locked, i dont understand the reason hes thread was locked since the same thread is on politics.ie, i guess that the mod who locked it Dr bollocko is just one of those left wing people who doesnt like free speech if it doesnt agree with his views, it seems that boards.ie is run by left wing mods who will ban anyone if you dont agree with there left wing ideals espically if your against mass immigration n into this country, i think its time for some of the mods on boards.ie to wake up and live in the real world and support the rights of Irish people who want to get jobs in there own country without having to compete with hundreds of thousands of non Irish nationals who will undercut Irish people in the jobs market.

Look at the lineup, how come there are so many people that look like there from Pakistan or India, there not part of the E.U so how come there are so many of them lining up for jobs in Dublin and who gave them permits to work in Ireland? This is nothing but a joke our Immigration system here in Ireland is a complete joke, i thought we only gave permits to people outside the E.U if Irish employers couldnt find the workers here, we have Hundreds of thousands of Irish unemployed yet we have long lines of non E.U workers looking for work, how is this happening

The famine wasn't a famine at all......It was a genocide

Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.

Damn you Mother Nature *shakes fist*

what law is this? as that statement is pure BS

SouthKerry banned. Using an alt. account to evade a forum ban is not allowed.

ps Multi culturalism is a recognised FAILURE, not surprising you support it.
    just look at Netherlands, Denmark, Britain, France, Germany and see what multiculturalism has done...nothing but cultural clashes and victim mentality.

yep, ghettos are on the way.
    we have a few bad areas already with our own irish scum.
    but in another few years we will have more, and they will be no go zones based on skin colour. it has happened in other countries.
    why cant we leran from them ?
    allowing in huge numbers of foreigners into a country simple does not work.
    a small amount and allow them to integrate slowing would work, but unfortunetly it is too late for that

hussey wrote: »
    Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.

Damn you Mother Nature *shakes fist*

Well now in fairness there was quite a bit more to it than mother nature, and turning a blind eye to something can be as bad sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

green123 wrote: »

yep, ghettos are on the way.
    we have a few bad areas already with our own irish scum.
    but in another few years we will have more, and they will be no go zones based on skin colour. it has happened in other countries.
    why cant we leran from them ?
    allowing in huge numbers of foreigners into a country simple does not work.
    a small amount and allow them to integrate slowing would work, but unfortunetly it is too late for that

Omfg they'll be doing them drive by shootings and riding all our white women soon too !!!

Oh and not to be a spelling Nazi or anything as I know I make some bad ones myself but I just had to point out the fact that your own grasp of the English language and the ability to write it in particular, is absolutely terrible.

Link

LINK

The Irish Times 13/03/08

© 2008 ireland.com
    LINK

great post.
    we are being shafted, these Foreign nationals are making fools of us and our country.
    why cant people on here see that ?

amacachi wrote: »
    Well now in fairness there was quite a bit more to it than mother nature, and turning a blind eye to something can be as bad sometimes.

My post was more in jest, I know there was more to it, but to call it Genocide is a bit extreme

• Advertisement

hussey wrote: »
    to call it Genocide is a bit extreme

Only a little bit though. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement