Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A job vacancy!! We are in fu**ed

123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

It is incredibily easy for people to dictate and not make a reasonable assumption that maybe the country would be in a far better state of affairs if border controls were more strict. If foreign nationals arrive in the country to study and pay "such hefty fees", obviously they are going to look for work. Then why such lack of border control since the recession has been here for nigh on 1.5 years and soo many irish people are looking for work. And, by the way, read up on the latest social welfare figures to see who are the most likely to obtain welfare and at the same time, commit fraud. It isn't Irish people.

I always thought that boards.ie was a dicussion board and not a debate site, but I'm only new to this. I simply made a point from my perspective and a perspective of most Irish people (well, those who aren't here on a one man (or woman) mission to save all existence), who are brave enough to say out loud, what they think. And by the way, this isn't a race issue..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

renraw wrote: »
    It is incredibily easy for people to dictate and not make a reasonable assumption that maybe the country would be in a far better state of affairs if border controls were more strict.
    I don't think people are condemning or even disputing that point of view. There is nothing unreasonable about it. What people are objecting to is the way foreigners themselves are blamed and the way generalisations are made such as "they're all fleecing us" etc. That is not the same as saying there needs to be a cap on the amount of immigrants left in - I'm of that view.
    If foreign nationals arrive in the country to study and pay "such hefty fees", obviously they are going to look for work.
    What's wrong with that?
    Then why such lack of border control since the recession has been here for nigh on 1.5 years and soo many irish people are looking for work.
    Indeed, why the lack of immigrant control? Yet that's not the immigrants themselves' fault. I'd also doubt it's a "system of concessions" for immigrants.
    And, by the way, read up on the latest social welfare figures to see who are the most likely to obtain welfare and at the same time, commit fraud. It isn't Irish people.
    And that system should be clamped down on.
    I always thought that boards.ie was a dicussion board and not a debate site
    A fine line, no?
    I simply made a point from my perspective and a perspective of most Irish people (well, those who aren't here on a one man (or woman) mission to save all existence), who are brave enough to say out loud, what they think.
    And people disputed some of your points - nothing wrong with that.
    And by the way, this isn't a race issue..
    I know it isn't in your case - some people are too quick to yell the "R" word (the two-syllable one) - but it seems pretty obvious there is a small number of people who have a problem with people simply because their culture/skin colour is much too exotic for them to handle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

Hi,
    Now we are in a recession and there is no work. I live in a small town but each day I see different Africans .When I am in the welfare to queue I see different faces each month. Not racist just easier to spot . There must be many other nationalities too.
    This issue of Asylum is not discussed given the accepted fact that 95% are false. Why does Ireland not opt out of such a sham system . The Dublin agreement stated that those Asylum seekers are only accepted here if it is the first port of entey. We are still I believe taking those from the UK where their asylum applications are refused.eg no direct flights from Nigeria but look at all the Nigerians here.They get citizenship now and can bring more of their family to claim welfare. There is also a published fact that 50% of sub sahara Africans are HIV+.Many politicians now refuse to deal with non nationals because of their aggressive attitude.
    The access to the welfare system is all too easy given the huge cost at present to the state.
    What has happened is that those who just want to come here for a visit are refused. I have foreign friends who cannot visit here now .
    I have worked for 38 years here and lost my job .You do feel a sense of betrayal when people can just walk into this country and collect welfare with nothing only a smile.I have my own house paid for, now its a property tax soon water charges and reduction in welfare.
    There seems to be a veil of secrecy on this issue.
    Remember the old saying '' you always bite the hand that feeds you''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

the job will go to an import cos us irish are all "too over qualified" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thread from 2009

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement