Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Disclosure Agreement

Options
  • 23-04-2009 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I am currently in the process of pitching my business startup idea to potential investors. In order to protect my idea I would prefer the would-be investors sign a NDA. My question is this, CAN I DRAW ONE OF THESE UP MYSELF AND IF SO WHAT SHOULD IT INCLUDE?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

galwaybob wrote: »
    I am currently in the process of pitching my business startup idea to potential investors. In order to protect my idea I would prefer the would-be investors sign a NDA. My question is this, CAN I DRAW ONE OF THESE UP MYSELF AND IF SO WHAT SHOULD IT INCLUDE?

Seek legal advice, not for boards imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

If you have a good idea you really should secure all possible IP rights before telling anyone. If you mess up your NDA or disclose too much, you can kiss any patents goodbye. Do not underestimate how important this is.

If you're at the stage where you are thinking about approaching investors, you really should consider taking legal advice. As a commercial matter, I'd run a mile as an investor if a start up was writing its own contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

i remember a talk by a patent attorney, he said the key purpose of the nda is to outline the circumstances when disclosure can be made. I'd be getting a lawyer to sort this out.

Advertisement